Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

Vasilisa 01-20-2021 01:42 AM

Retired Teacher, great work and what a nice quilt in return!

I am happy to announce my first finished UFO for 2021. It is a Double Irish Chain that has given me unexpected trouble at almost every stage of making it, but I finally managed to complete the thing. I will post the pics in the Picture forum today (or tomorrow).

WMUTeach 01-20-2021 03:00 PM

My first UFO finish of 2021

1 Attachment(s)
I just posted this photo in the Fabric Moratorium thread but wanted to share it with you folks too. This quilt was started last year and not finished until yesterday, 1-19-2021. All from stash. I am so proud of my self finding a back and not having to shop for one. There will be another version in this pattern coming later this winter. I ran this pattern as an exchange block with some of my quilting group all in blue scraps from stash. So, Ups and Downs of 2020 will have a blue friend soon.https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/smile.png

oksewglad 01-20-2021 05:02 PM

Two new (old?) finishes...keep them coming folks!

retiredteacher09 01-20-2021 06:10 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Now I need to decide which one I will work on in February.

Vasilisa: Congratulations on your finish. Will you link a picture here?

WMUTeach: I love that pattern and your quilting. Congratulations on a finish.

rryder 01-21-2021 05:37 AM

Congratulations on your finish Vasilisa!

WMUteach-cool finish and love the idea of doing a series of these!

Rob

Conchalea 01-21-2021 05:47 AM

Vasilisa & WMUTeach, your finishes are #10 & 11 for the month! We have contributions from 7 participants so far! This is great & we have 10 more days in January. Let's all keep working to add to our total!
Congratulations for reducing our collective UFOs in 2021.

Teen 01-21-2021 07:45 PM

Congrats on the finishes, Vasilisa and WMUTeach! WMUTeach...that s a great strip stash buster pattern. I was just messing around with all my strips to make some sense out of them for a project.

I now have 3 quilts at the LA’er... Get’r’done!!!

Conchalea 01-21-2021 07:50 PM

K & I finished another UFO from her daughter today. K had an innovative idea about the quilting. There are red stars in the quilt with other large white areas. K found the heat fading pens & we drew stars in the big white areas. Then K used a FMQ foot & a buttonhole stitch to quilt along the lines with red thread. It looks great & she had a wonderful time doing it. I cut white strips for binding & she sewed it all on. I'll load a picture tomorrow from my computer.

Patg 01-24-2021 04:10 AM

I just finished up 2 UFO's this month, one is a Dresden plate I put together last summer and an English paper pieced small quilt named Posies.
I have a roomful of other UFO's. A Friendship Dahlia quilt I just started quilting this week, I put together the blocks from my cousin's Aunt, blocks from my Grandma that I can't decide how to set together, a small quilt top of large hexagons that I hand pieced last fall. I want to make a fan quilt from wedges already cut out. Oh, and I have some hexagon flowers that I want to put together (english paper pieced) and there's always the 3 large hatboxes full of vintage blocks from estate sales to work on.

jmoore 01-24-2021 05:10 AM

Love the motivation and determination in this new year...
Nice finish Connie and such perseverance in finishing your quilt.
Vasilisa, congratulations on your finish and WMUTeach, really like your scrap quilt...your quilting looks fabulous.I’m sure it will be just as nice in blue.
Teen, sounds like you are working diligently to keep from having any UFOs...I admire how much quilting you get accomplished.
Keep up the good work Conchalea and Patg...we would love to see photos of your projects.