Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

thepolyparrot 03-26-2021 10:17 AM

I should have clarified - the Mocha Stars picture I posted is from Kim Diehl's pattern and book - mine is still mostly in hundreds of pieces.

I love all of her patterns and I made one small applique tabletopper a few years ago from one of her designs - not bordered, quilted or bound, yet - of course. 🤪

thepolyparrot 03-26-2021 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Vasilisa (Post 8471226)
I hope I will have all my UFOs done by the end of spring.

How wonderful! You're getting to the finish line early in the year!

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8471239)
...sometimes the decision making takes way longer than the execution.

Ohmigosh, you are so right! I think that's a big part of why we have so many UFOs - we can't figure out which way we want to go next and there are just too many options. We want that *perfect* fabric for the border or the backing, or we get stuck on a quilting design.

Rff1010 03-26-2021 04:46 PM

My sew-jo mojo left for a little while but I just waited and was patient and kind to myself. Seems to be coming back. Basted 2 tonight. Both are feeling leafy meander....which I don't know how to do- so some research and practice is in order before moving forward.

Just a reminder to everyone to be kind to yourself.

retiredteacher09 03-26-2021 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Petthefabric: Love the Forest Fire Log Cabin quilt!

thepolyparrot: That will be a beautiful quilt when you have it assembled.

Vasilisa: Congratulations on finishing your 4th UFO!

Pied Piper: Sad to hear all of you had COVID. Sounds like you had a great reason to start another project.

Rff1010: I’m glad your sewing mojo is slowly coming back.

I finished a very small UFO. It was an appliqué class for a tea towel from my LQS in 2019. I was working on it today and suddenly decided to make it a wall hanging. 🤷‍♀️ It’s 12.5” by 17.25”. The appliqué pattern is from Home Grown by Nancy Halvorson.

rryder 03-27-2021 03:46 AM

Congratulations on finishing this cute applique, retiredteacher09- I can see why you wanted to turn it into a wallhanging. much too cute to be tucked away in a drawer.

Rob

oksewglad 03-27-2021 05:11 AM

Ah sweet, Connie, The hearts have morphed into butterflies...to my eyes any way!

joe'smom 03-27-2021 09:30 AM

That's darling, retiredteacher!

Sync 03-27-2021 10:53 AM

retiredteacher, that’s such a cute mini. Congrats on the finish.

retiredteacher09 03-27-2021 04:53 PM

Thanks for the compliments!

I started to work on my next UFO - a pillow covering with appliqué. I have the top part of the covering ready to quilt. Then I need to remember how to download the appliqué embroidery design. 🤔. Hopefully, it is downloaded already on a flash drive or on my machine. 🤞

petthefabric 03-29-2021 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another forest fire UFO. Another green with a different arrangement of blocks. I think this arrangement is called furrows.
Attachment 632550
Looking at this picture, I see that one of the squares is turned. It's finished. Not changing it. Oh Yeh! I meant it that way!LOL