Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

kristijoy 05-23-2021 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rob - congrats on not giving up on your project! It has a great graphic modern design.

Ckcowl - the flannel is beautiful and the blue and white is so soothing. I have about 14 tops to quilt up too...I'm pecking away at it while I work on the BOOM. I'm cheering you on!

happylab - sounds like a couple fun projects. Raggedy Ann ahs always been one of my favorites.

Here's my baskets sewn together! I thought I had posted a picture, but I couldn't find it. So here it is!

rryder 05-24-2021 05:37 AM

thanks, everyone

Ckcowl- Can’t wait to see the finished roundabout- it’s already gorgeous, as is your applique block. Between your beautiful projects and Ben’s it must be hard to choose what to quilt next!

Kristijoy- great job on the baskets, I really like the controlled scrappy effect and shifts between complimentary colors and near complementary colors- gives it sparkle.

Rob

Queenbarbiej 05-24-2021 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had some dresden plate blocks I made about 6 years ago. I recently pulled them out got them sewn together with a bigger dresden plate in the middle. I'm not quite sure if this constitutes as an ufo or not. I got it sandwiched and quilted. I still need to do the binding. This picture was before I got the outer squares sewn on.

ckcowl 05-24-2021 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
m not picking what to quilt next- I just piled them all up on a stand by the Longarm table and when I unload one I grab the next one on the stack. Then I have to measure, find backing a batting and load it up. I don’t know what I’m going to get until I grab it & unfold it....this May or may not be good as I progress. ;)
LittleBit seems to always have to be on the Blue ones- I guess it’s her color
Here’s the Roundabout all quilted & bound...

Watson 05-24-2021 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished a UFO! It's a miracle!
This is from last summer and just needed binding since. I hate doing binding.

Watson

WMUTeach 05-24-2021 04:22 PM

QueenBarbieJ, Love the pinks in your plates and the pieced border. The green makes then POP!

retiredteacher09 05-24-2021 04:23 PM

kristijoy: Great basket quilt top.

Queenbarbiej: Definitely a wonderful UFO finish! I love Dresdens.

ckcowl: Congratulations on finishing your Roundabout quilt. Very pretty.

Watson: Wahoo to your UFO finish. I really like your design and colors.

Dedemac 05-24-2021 06:40 PM

Great progress four more for the month of May, and all are awesome.

I'm close to a finish, the binding is attached and I should have it stitched down this weekend. Will post a picture when it's done.

ckcowl 05-25-2021 01:45 AM

Watson, I Love that quilt! Great finish! That’s one that just makes a person smile. So glad you finished it.

QuiltBaer 05-25-2021 04:37 AM

Congratulations on the finishes! Love that pink dresden. And the blues are so calming. And Watson's brights are so cheerful!
There's been too much going on for me to settle down and finish a quilt. Hopefully, June will be a better month for finishing a quilt.