Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

Gemm 10-30-2021 05:35 PM

ckcowl - that is so frustrating! I am filled with admiration that you knew just how to solve the problem, though. You rock! Hope your machine shows up in a hurry so you can get this one off your UFO list. :-)

Rff1010 10-31-2021 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stick a fork in me - I am done...with one. 4 more to go. Finished the bindIng tonight while waiting for nonexsistant trick or treaters (we live on a busy road. Nobody comes - but just in case...). Yes this is the same picture I posted before without the binding.

One more just needs binding and 3 more tops in the wings waiting for full treatment.

I'm not letting myself start anything new until the pile is whittled down. But I am making some box bags and totes from stash to scratch the piecing itch.

Anyway- I really like this one. Came out cute!

ckcowl 11-01-2021 03:32 AM

I have a stack of smallish quilts to get quilted, and the good news is my work schedule has changed so I might actually manage to get that stack knocked out. I’m feeling positive about getting things done

petthefabric 11-01-2021 11:02 AM

Rff; wonderful. Sometimes discipline is necessary to finish.

Gemm 11-01-2021 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rff - that is a great quilt - love the fabric and love the pattern! Another one for my inspiration board. :-)

Here is my finished UFO - I talked about it on the Finishing All the Quilt Tops thread (post #39 I think). To the best of my recollection, I'd say this was started in about 1994-95. Finished size is about 60"x74". I'm really looking forward to seeing it in use at long last! One of the nice things about having a quilt with "issues" is that I'm not feeling the usual anxiety about potential damage. Tee hee!

ckcowl 11-03-2021 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gemm (Post 8517048)
Rff - that is a great quilt - love the fabric and love the pattern! Another one for my inspiration board. :-)

Here is my finished UFO - I talked about it on the Finishing All the Quilt Tops thread (post #39 I think). To the best of my recollection, I'd say this was started in about 1994-95. Finished size is about 60"x74". I'm really looking forward to seeing it in use at long last! One of the nice things about having a quilt with "issues" is that I'm not feeling the usual anxiety about potential damage. Tee hee!

i love your finish! It turned out great. It also inspires me to dig out that really old ufo I have in a file box that I had pretty much given up on- but have too much money wrapped up in to just get rid of it. Maybe this winter will ( finally) be the year I get it out and finish it. It’s one I started in a class 20 years ago- before the first class we were given a ( homework sheet) with all that we needed to do before the first class- first class we started sewing; then the second class was canceled, then the instructor called the shop and told them she wasn’t going to finish the class- she pretty much took the money and ran- and all the pieces were put in a box. I’ve been irritated about it and overwhelmed by the scope of it. But, it’s time to get over all that— old ufos can be done….
I won’t get it out before the holidays but it can be my - start the new year getting it done .
thank you for showing me yours.

retiredteacher09 11-03-2021 05:21 AM

Nice finishes Rff1010 and Gemm!

ckcowl: I understand your feelings about the quilt. It’s just sad that the instructor didn’t complete the class.

I pulled out one UFO. As I was holding it up and wondering if I should add borders, I saw a small pinhole of light through one of the tiny pieces. Grrrr! How did I ever miss that when it had 4 seams all around it? 🤷‍♀️ It will be easy enough to open the seams and, thankfully, I have an extra bit of the batik fabric to replace it.

oksewglad 11-03-2021 02:09 PM

Hi I've been AWOL...like to see everyone's finishes. Creative uses for everything.

Rff1010 11-11-2021 01:30 PM

Another finish for November. My piecing got away from me and I have 3 more in the "wings"

I bought the green and white in someone's stash and it was 3 yards of 1 and 2 of another...while the pattern is a bit old fashioned for my tastes - it's perfect for my "elderly in body but her brain still thinks she's 18" aunt. The blocks are a simplified "Cats Cradle" . The pieced back includes 3 leftover Fan blocks from my cousin's wedding quilt. Size 70 x 70.

Where the heck did the put the attach images button. It used to be around here somewhere. And when did I become a senior member?

Motorcyclemad 11-15-2021 07:16 AM

Chalk up another November finish. I just finished my 1-year old Saturday Sampler UFO. Yay! :thumbup: --Just in time to pick up my last block and finishing kits for the two Saturday Samplers I joined this past year. Now let's see if these two take 6-months and a year to finish. :rolleyes:

Okay, trying the picture again.
... and again.
Not sure what is going on, but I will try to post the pictures later.