Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-2021-a-t313679.html)

jmoore 01-18-2021 04:16 AM

Ckcowl, you certainly are on a roll and keeping yourself busy. Great finishes...I’m glad to hear you have recovered well after such a long journey. I wish you all the best in this new year and with your quilting goals.

joe'smom 01-18-2021 09:14 AM

ckcowl, I'm so glad to hear that you are getting back to normal. Beautiful finishes!

dungeonquilter 01-18-2021 10:37 AM

I plan to finish UFO's in 2021, but can only access one right now. We are planning on selling the house, and most of my stash is packed up. ;( Can't wait to unpack it all.
My current UFO is Peacock Window - a BOM from a few years ago.

Teen 01-18-2021 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 8453753)
I plan to finish UFO's in 2021, but can only access one right now. We are planning on selling the house, and most of my stash is packed up. ;( Can't wait to unpack it all.
My current UFO is Peacock Window - a BOM from a few years ago.

Good luck with the move and your UFO goals. I remember what it was like to have your stash packed up to move. It’s good you kept one out to work on through the process. Unpacking was like Christmas!,

retiredteacher09 01-18-2021 05:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Welcome, dungeonquilter! We look forward to your finished UFOs whenever they happen.

I finished the UFO top found in a donation. I included a few pictures from start to finish. It will be added to my church quilter’s pile.

The first picture shows the copies of typewritten and handwritten directions along with the numbered fabric swatches. The title says 6 Hour Quilt, Trip Around World. ( no ‘the’).

The second picture shows the assembled 4” squares. I put matching strips together and labeled number. Most of these seams were 1/4” but some needed to be resewn. Some other squares in the center were sewn with 2 different sizes together and 1/2” seam allowance, coarse thread, and almost a basting stitch. 🤷‍♀️ I took those apart and used the 4” squares for the quilt top.

The third picture has the various strips in the step before I started to assemble in a jumbled up way. Good thing I had the pattern to figure it out.

The last picture is of the finished quilt. 70” by 80”. The borders came from my stash.

I’m happy I could honor the unknown quilter by finishing the top. A few puckers here and there but seams matched up better than I could hope.

Conchalea 01-18-2021 05:49 PM

I like it, Retired! Lots of UFOs being completed here. It's inspiring.

oksewglad 01-18-2021 07:03 PM

Now that's a labor of love to basically disassemble a quilt and start all over...And it looks great!

Welcome dungeonquilter! Looking forward to see your finishes!

Teen 01-18-2021 07:28 PM

Way cool, retiredteach! A legacy lives on. I did something similar when I picked up an unfinished BOM from an estate sale from Hancock in the 80’s... I could tell she got frustrated with it and quit... I finished it for her and donated it. That was such a good feeling since I felt awful and sad pilfering her quilting supplies...

petthefabric 01-18-2021 10:17 PM

Finished quilting a UFO. Now to trim and bind. Got another out to quilt: oops, no back.

rryder 01-19-2021 08:02 AM

Nice finish, Connie!

Petthefabric, congratualtions on finishing the quilting. Post a pic when you get it trimmed and bound!

I started on the UFO that I want to get finished for Feb. It needs a lot of work, but at least after several years of marinating in its box, I can see how to go about getting it finished. Yay! Now back to work on my two WIPs that I am trying to prevent becoming UFOs...

Rob