Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 03-07-2012 10:30 AM

WOOOOHOOOO missgigglewings. Love it. Finishing a swap block quilt is fabulous. Glad they were great for you.

kwiltkrazy 03-07-2012 02:12 PM

Wow, Missgiggles, that turned out wonderful, I loved the boomerang 3 I was in.

wildyard 03-07-2012 02:32 PM

Beautiful finishes on those quilts. Love the fall colors and the softness of the Boom quilt colors. Love hearing the bells ringing and the train whistle blowing when new folks jump aboard.

Judith1005 03-10-2012 04:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Miss Gigglewings love your swap block quilt. Beautiful colors.

I have finished my baby quilts and am still trying to catch up on my swaps. But, still hoping to finish piecing a quilt backing before the end of the month. We will see what happens. The baby quilts are made from scrap quilts I made for my son and my daughter and son-in-law. I thought it would be cute for their babies to have miniatures. Of course, these are the boy ones. I still have a couple of girl ones to pre-make and put away.

wildyard 03-10-2012 05:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yayyyyyyy, I'm happy to say I finished my UFO for March. The quilt for my grandson is finished. Here is a photo of the finished quilt. I decided to call it Evan's Face Off. I will be delivering it while I am in Ohio. Now, do I start on another UFO or a new project? Hmmmmm....[ATTACH=CONFIG]318810[/ATTACH]
This next photo is the back of the quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318814[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 03-10-2012 06:44 PM

Linda, Awesome pattern. Hope your dgs loves it. Another bell chimes in. Great finish.

ranger 03-11-2012 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 5048422)
Miss Gigglewings love your swap block quilt. Beautiful colors.

I have finished my baby quilts and am still trying to catch up on my swaps. But, still hoping to finish piecing a quilt backing before the end of the month. We will see what happens. The baby quilts are made from scrap quilts I made for my son and my daughter and son-in-law. I thought it would be cute for their babies to have miniatures. Of course, these are the boy ones. I still have a couple of girl ones to pre-make and put away.

Ring the bell...TWICE!
Judith, congrats on the finishes. They both look great
That's a cute idea to make the baby ones from leftover scraps from the adult quilts.

ranger 03-11-2012 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5048602)
Yayyyyyyy, I'm happy to say I finished my UFO for March. The quilt for my grandson is finished. Here is a photo of the finished quilt. I decided to call it Evan's Face Off. I will be delivering it while I am in Ohio. Now, do I start on another UFO or a new project? Hmmmmm....[ATTACH=CONFIG]318810[/ATTACH]
This next photo is the back of the quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318814[/ATTACH]

Ring the bell for WY!!
Nice pattern and great colors. My sis would really love it...she is a big fan of purple.
I think you picked a great name for it.
Evan will love it.

almond 03-11-2012 05:55 AM

Triple Irish Chain

1 Attachment(s)
Triple Irish chain: I started this last summer for our camper. Things got in the way of finishing it. Then this challenge appeared before my eyes. Now it is complete. Also have a mini of this quilt, but is at the framers so will post it later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318872[/ATTACH]

Vespagirl4 03-11-2012 06:37 AM

Almond,

Your Triple Irish Chain is amazing! I just love it.