Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >
  • QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

• QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 09-27-2023, 04:53 PM

Ok I have registered! 😁. Thanks for getting us organized, Ibex!
    Old 09-27-2023, 06:21 PM

All registered!! Thanks so much!!
    Old 09-27-2023, 07:45 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

All registered! So, excited 😆.
    Old 09-28-2023, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1CharmShort
    Thanks Ibex!
    You are awesome.
    Awww. You're making me blush.... You all are the awesome ones to want to try this experience with me!

I will be asking PatriceJ, the QB admin extraordinary, If it is possible to add our QB Flinging Flimsies name to the thread title. If it cannot be done, I will ask for a new thread for our official adventures and shut this one down.
    Old 09-28-2023, 04:41 AM

The entire team is registered with Ricky Tims now! Yay! OK, Ricky.... We are waiting patiently for new from you now.

I just sent the note to PatriceJ asking for this thread to be closed so we can open a new one in the Challenge Board with our name in the title:

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

If it is possible, Patrice will make it happen. In the meantime, we can start thinking about what we would like our project to ultimately be. I prefer a smallish wall hanging type project. My reasoning is that it may be easier to hide mistakes along the way as I learn new techniques for thinking about this slice and dice quilting pattern. I'm trying to figure out my theme (if any) and colors. I am not ordinarily a brown person but I passed a recently plowed field down here in south Texas that was glorious in its shade of brown with sorghum stalks poking up here and there that was really appealing. Reminded me of those pick up stick quilts. Slicing and dicing a jumble of browns could be really fun, right? No fear there -- hah!
    Old 09-28-2023, 04:46 AM

And poof, Patrice the magician has changed the name on our thread to reflect our newfound status as named Mad Adders! Not just any Mad Adders, mind you. We are the ORIGINAL QUILTING BOARD SIX INAUGURAL YEAR OF RICKY TIMS' INTERNATIONAL MAD ADDERS! The crowd goes wild! Thank you, Patrice!
    Old 09-28-2023, 01:00 PM

When you click on the Ricky Tims class be sure to review the supplies list. It gives the starting steps for the process.

None of the information in the supplies list is new. It is everything mentioned in his advertising for the Challenge. As we have been talking about it, it is time to create your starter piece. Once a month it will be passed to the next person on the list after your name. Make sure you have your supplies to do your work and pick out which fabrics you want to send with your starter piece. That fabric will help us tie the quilt together. We get to pick fabrics, too, but we can't do that until we get your starter piece in our greedy little hands. CREATE CREATE CREATE!!!

Old 09-28-2023, 01:04 PM

Sew fun...
    shopping my stash now, and finding it very difficult to choose which fabrics to use
    I may have to flip a coin a few times...

Ibex, do you ever actually sleep?
    Old 09-28-2023, 04:09 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I’m trying not to get too far ahead of this. Ricky Tims’ site says he is going to be giving tips and guidance on our starter piece. I may start one, then scratch it after his first lecture 🤷🏻‍♀️. Still thinking about what would be the best tote to include. Do any of you ladies have a suggestion? Maybe just a tote bag to hold everything in. I don’t want to add weight to the shipping.
    Old 09-28-2023, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yiaya
    I’m trying not to get too far ahead of this. Ricky Tims’ site says he is going to be giving tips and guidance on our starter piece. I may start one, then scratch it after his first lecture 🤷🏻‍♀️. Still thinking about what would be the best tote to include. Do any of you ladies have a suggestion? Maybe just a tote bag to hold everything in. I don’t want to add weight to the shipping.
    I made a tote, then found a cute paper? polypropolene? one that weighed a lot less. So I think I will use that.
    I'm with you....it's hard not to get ahead of the game.
    just a couple more days..