• QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 06-07-2024, 06:06 PM

Here is c joyce's starter.
    Attached Thumbnails cjoycestarter.jpg  
    Old 06-07-2024, 06:06 PM

And this is what it turned into.
    Attached Thumbnails cjoycefinal.jpeg  
    Old 06-08-2024, 02:41 AM

Amazing finishes, all!! Very creative! ...What's next!! Would you do this again?
    Old 06-08-2024, 05:19 PM

If I could have a chance to work with this team again -- YES!!

This was my first round robin experience. I enjoyed all aspects of it except how long it took for the mail to get delivered.

What's next for me is to quilt my flimsy.
    Old 06-08-2024, 05:49 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I am trying to post the pictures of my starter block and the finished piece, Looks like they are only thumbnails If someone could send me advice I would appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails sheila-1.jpg   img_4812.jpg  
    Old 06-08-2024, 05:59 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I enjoyed this project very much! First Round Robin and I love my flimsy,

I plan on adding two other borders but didn't have time before the end so added one just to have it look complete. The floral fabric in the center of the compass was purchased in 2003 while on a trip. I will use the rest of it for a wide border and end with the same purple/blue that I used for the first one.

Would I do another? Debatable, I would if it was with local people but found this to be more expensive than I would have liked. Roughly 20 bucks a round. IF this group asked , Guess I would but still feel the expense was high.
    Old 06-08-2024, 06:43 PM

All your projects are very admirable…. It takes great faith to work with a group like a round robin. Thank you for sharing your original and end projects with us.
    Old 06-09-2024, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Yiaya
    I am trying to post the pictures of my starter block and the finished piece, Looks like they are only thumbnails If someone could send me advice I would appreciate it.
    You did it right. Click on the thumbnail and you get the bigger image. I am so glad you figured out how to do it!! More pictures from you in future QB posts now that you have mastered it. Yay!
    Old 06-09-2024, 04:54 AM

Yiaya, love the border with the wonky squares. How do I achieve that effect! ?
    Old 06-09-2024, 05:05 AM

Thank you Thimblebug.

Ricky Tims gave us prompts on what to add. We had a "manifesto" that went with the fabric and flimsy that explained to one another what we were hoping for as an end product related to theme and size and/or colors. For instance, I wanted something small for a wall hanging with every color possible to capture the chaos of Mardi Gras. Everyone really stepped up to give me a beautiful finished hanging to match my manifesto.

First round was our starter block which could be anything we wanted.

Second round was to add a log cabin of some sort. In the class, there were lots of examples of a variety of log cabins shared and explained in case no one had done them before. -- mine got sliced and diced as encouraged by Ricky Tims without any instructions! Now that is total Mardi Gras chaos!!

Third round involved adding a triangle. The beads screamed Mardi Gras, don't you agree? See the triangles?

Fourth round was "tidbits". the top left yellow triangle was composed from a number of fabrics representing that tidbit round. That masque has me ready for next year!

Fifth round was "caveman"/improv -- no measuring. The bottom and left borders were done with no pattern or measuring -- perfect!

Sixth round was to harmonize and unify the prior additions. Top and right border added to pull that caveman all over the quilt -- perfect!

Then flimsy was returned to the original creator to add borders and (hopefully) get quilted up in time for the final showcase in the class. Mine has not yet been quilted (but if you know me, that shouldn't surprise you).

I love the creativity that this class inspired. I wish we all lived closer so we could have met and sipped beverages together. Good thing we have access to computers or this would never have happened.

Thank you to all my QB Flinging Flimsy turtles! And thank you to WesternWilson, our archivist, who made sure we were taking pictures along the way!!
    Attached Thumbnails 2ibex94.jpeg   3ibex94.png   4ibex94.jpg   5ibex94.jpeg   6ibex94.jpeg  

Last edited by ibex94; 06-09-2024 at 05:14 AM.