Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

• On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-31-2017, 09:17 AM

A lot will depend on the final actual layout. I am leaning heavily towards my last doodle though. I really love the folded corners block, but it is just a variation of a block I have done many times, the doodle is completely new and different, that is always more exciting to me. My quilting choices are almost always about the drama! lol
    Originally Posted by givio
    Kass, I think your 'oops' is as pretty as the real layout. Which do you think you will use?
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:19 AM
    Power Poster

Noooo.... don't want to set these on point. This block doesn't look as pretty on point. (JMHO). I may have to use mine a different way, if it's an on point setting.
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:19 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Well, today will be a busy sewing day. All of 7 and as much of 8 as gets done. Well, there are hours and hours of football to amuse myself with. And I got two audio books to play, but haven’t started either. We still have aqua to include, so my guess is it will be going into the setting triangles and border, along with the 4’s. These 50 block leave room for a setting triangle and ~ 7” border. Now of course, being a child of the 60’s and having been told repeatedly not to work ahead, I want to figure out what those setting triangles and border will look like. But I will wait (not patiently). Like a kid on Dec 24.

Last edited by Krisb; 12-31-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:20 AM

Bonnie nearly always uses either 2 interconnecting blocks or a wide border that interacts w/ the blocks to form extra patterning, I think one of those two possibilities is a sure bet.
    Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Hopefully this isn't "guessing" or "ruining" the mystery, but what do you think are the chances of Bonnie having an alternating block? I'm looking at the size of these + the amount and, unless we have pretty wide pieces sashing or these are on point, I am think that is what might be happening. I'm not a maths genius though. If that is the case, we probably have more little units to make; which supports Bonnie's statement that we will be using more aqua soon.

Sorry, just thinking out loud! Hopefully I'm not spoiling the fun for anyone. I don't want to be a party-pooper!
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Hopefully this isn't "guessing" or "ruining" the mystery, but what do you think are the chances of Bonnie having an alternating block? I'm looking at the size of these + the amount and, unless we have pretty wide pieces sashing or these are on point, I am think that is what might be happening. I'm not a maths genius though. If that is the case, we probably have more little units to make; which supports Bonnie's statement that we will be using more aqua soon.

Sorry, just thinking out loud! Hopefully I'm not spoiling the fun for anyone. I don't want to be a party-pooper!
    Oh, certainly not! Nobody said you had to check your brain at the door....
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I'm sorry I forgot you Pat, your block is looking great.

I’m not sure i’m done setting my blocks. I left myself lots of wiggle room. And i’m out of corals. But it’s brown geese today!

i will say, this mystery was a lot easier for me that the last one. I could have been certified and committed by the time I finished it. I’m pretty sure I did more ripping than sewing!
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:44 AM

Kassaundra - love your doodling. I've got three sets of blocks so I look forward to seeing your "ideas" for alternate settings.

I've got clue 5 done, slowly working on it in between machine binding quilts.
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:54 AM

Thank you Jane Quilter!!!
    Kirsten
    Old 12-31-2017, 10:34 AM

Fifty of these seems like a very large number to inexperienced me. So I can't imagine how there would be room for an alternate block. But then there are all of the clue 3s to make an appearance yet. I'm finally ready to get into the sewing room. I'd love to finish clue #6 and finish up my clue #2 geese (but it's a tall order given the speed at which I work).
    Old 12-31-2017, 10:41 AM

Oh wow, I haven't gone and looked at the blog yet today, 50 folded corner squares??????
    Originally Posted by joe'smom
    Fifty of these seems like a very large number to inexperienced me. So I can't imagine how there would be room for an alternate block. But then there are all of the clue 3s to make an appearance yet. I'm finally ready to get into the sewing room. I'd love to finish clue #6 and finish up my clue #2 geese (but it's a tall order given the speed at which I work).