Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

• On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Kele - Striking color selection - Very excited to see this come together!
    Old 11-16-2017, 01:35 PM

Suezq60, I thought about it, but I don’t have enough Christmas fabric. I was thinking that would make up to a very pretty top.

I like all all of the color selections pictured so far. This is going to be a fun mystery. I’m also glad she is going a bit slower this year. I also decided not to buy her rulers. One of the rulers I already have, so that I may use. The other one like others mentioned may be a wasted of money.

Here’s my selection from my stash. My goal to stay close to the original colors, using batiks. I changed one color to orangish brown. I just don’t have any of Bonnie’s orange color in my stash. I’m not an orange person I guess. My background fabric will be 4-5 fabrics[ATTACH=CONFIG]583955[/ATTACH]white on white all the same shade, just different designs. The tourques fabric has some small bits of blue and green and purple ( can’t live without a tab bit a purple in a quilt). The fabrics all play well together, better than what is pictured. All of my fabrics are from stash. I may add more aqua or tourques if I like them better as I go through more of my stash batiks. But as of today, this is my selection. I really like the brown, since it has bits of aqua and orange in the design, which I feel will add cohesiveness to the top. I also plan to add it as a final border if I have enough left. Now just to wash my fabric and impatiently wait for the 24th. One more week and still counting.
    Attached Thumbnails 9ace8050-4f03-40b3-ae20-df5d1ce79703.jpeg  
    Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM

ILoveToQuilt, I love your avatar! One of my aunts loves anything with lighthouses on it. It might be a great gift idea for her... Ummm
    Old 11-16-2017, 03:43 PM

happylab, love those batiks.
    Old 11-16-2017, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

Happylab, I LOVE your orange batiks! The brown looks great with them, too. And your turquoises look like water.
    Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583984[/ATTACH]
    As a newer quilter attempting my 1st mystery (and only 3rd quilt ever!) I am looking for honest feedback on the fabrics I've gathered so far.. I wish to stick with batiks and actually like BH's color combination. To my eye the middle orange fabric might be too pinkish? I'm happy to go to my LQS to replace any that don't deserve their spot on my quilt Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails bh-mystery-fabrics.jpg  
    Old 11-17-2017, 07:28 AM
    Power Poster

Just beautiful, Ms.Merkle! The pinkish one will add depth and character. Love that you went more orangy than peach.

I STILL have not picked my colors! Argh. Thinking about all those beautiful oranges I've seen and perhaps some truer blues... instead of turquoise. My other thought is raspberry and deep teal green. I need to get it in gear if I'm gonna play along with all of you.
    Old 11-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Christine, you have so much pink in your other oranges, I think that middle pink will work well w/ your colors.
    Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM

SewBiz & Kassaundra - Thank you for your well experienced feedback - I think I'll give it a go as is knowing this is all a learning experience! BTW - I really, really like the idea of raspberry and deep teal green SewBiz Those are some of my personal favorite colors. Will be so interesting to see all these wonderful colorways come together!
    Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM

Love seeing all the fabric selections that have been made. Few more days, well, more than a few, but I'm sure you understand. Kinda makes the wait more waitable. LOL