Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along >
  • Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along

• Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along

Old 07-21-2019, 01:11 PM

Lovely Jaba! Your 2 1/2" squares are so bright & beautiful and that blue (almost looks periwinkle) is fantastic!

Funny thing about having started this Irish Chain sew-along is that it seems I've cut up more 2 1/2" squares than I've used to nearly complete the blocks! I've been working on this in-between some other projects and I've cut/stored and have more squares than I started with! I'm beginning to understand what everyone means when they say 'My scraps are multiplying!'
    Old 07-22-2019, 11:16 AM
    Power Poster

Love that blue background, Jaba. It really contrasts the other colored squares.
    Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Jaba! That blue background is the bee's knees! Love it! I guess you didn't do the sew along? Or you sewed along, but changed up the candy pattern to include the white and blue in your own design?
    Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Same pattern, just changed the white and blue color. I already have a bunch of quilts made with white or black decided to try a different color
    Old 07-23-2019, 05:57 AM

Jaba that is a wonderful contrast.
    Old 07-25-2019, 02:49 PM

Wow, lots of stitching happened while I was away, thanks for the pictures, love all of them!
    Old 07-26-2019, 02:00 AM

Jaba, I love how you switched up your background color...the blue works fantastic with your colorful squares.

Christine, hang on to those 2 1/2 inch squares, they’ll come in handy for sure.
    Elly, I was able to spend a couple of hours in my sewing room this week and finished the last of my 32 scrappy blocks now all I have is to co,let another 15 or so of my background blocks.
    I am attending classes for 2 days at the Maine Quilt Show...I took Timna Tarr’s class yesterday morning and a longarm class with Debby Brown in the afternoon. Today is mostly lectures.
    Old 07-26-2019, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore
    Jaba, I love how you switched up your background color...the blue works fantastic with your colorful squares.

Christine, hang on to those 2 1/2 inch squares, they’ll come in handy for sure.
    Elly, I was able to spend a couple of hours in my sewing room this week and finished the last of my 32 scrappy blocks now all I have is to co,let another 15 or so of my background blocks.
    I am attending classes for 2 days at the Maine Quilt Show...I took Timna Tarr’s class yesterday morning and a longarm class with Debby Brown in the afternoon. Today is mostly lectures.
    Hi, would have said hi at the quilt show as well if I knew what you looked like. Didn't get into any of the classes I wanted this year, but did wander around at the champagne preview and yesterday. Great show as usual. Have fun with your classes, I always learn so much.
    Old 07-26-2019, 06:11 PM

AnngelAnne sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have met you in person. Hopefully you will have better luck next year with classes. The show is always inspiring and motivational.
    Old 07-27-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore
    AnngelAnne sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have met you in person. Hopefully you will have better luck next year with classes. The show is always inspiring and motivational.
    I talked to several people while I was there, who knows, one of them might have been you. The show is always so interesting, and teaches me a lot. Its kind of my mini vacation when I can get the time off work, just wasn't as possible this year. Looking forward to next year.