Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I finally finished a UFO project in April. This was a quilt for my DGD. The pattern is called Cheese & Crackers. The quilt measures 117" x 122". It took me forever to machine quilt it.
    I really like your cheese and crackers quilt. I am learning that white goes a really long way in making a quilt much bigger. I wonder who comes up with these names? Cute but we never see any credit for them. Must be from ages ago??
    Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    Thanks for all the compliments - I love the corset as well. What made it a real hoot was the lady that added the bra and panty round is 83. She loved the fabric and so do I.
    Oh my too funny, as I didnt see the bras and panties in the border till you pointed it out (tired eyes and past my bedtime) I love the quilt, maybe something to remember for my next round robin ha ha
    Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I finally finished a UFO project in April. This was a quilt for my DGD. The pattern is called Cheese & Crackers. The quilt measures 117" x 122". It took me forever to machine quilt it.
    I really like your cheese and crackers quilt. I am learning that white goes a really long way in making a quilt much bigger. I wonder who comes up with these names? Cute but we never see any credit for them. Must be from ages ago??
    This was the closest info. I found on this pattern. I don't know if Terry Atkinson was the original designer for that block or if it comes from our quilting pioneers? http://www.atkinsondesigns.com/about/
    Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Here's my latest UFO -- a Rocky Road to Kansas pattern. Get more info. on it from my blog.

backing is a pre-printed continuous quilting pattern fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]207914[/ATTACH]

Rocky Road to Kansas using scrap fabrics
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]207915[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-207908.jpe   attachment-207909.jpe  
    Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 AM
    Banned

Wow everyones UFO's are so pretty. I can come here anytime for inspiration.

Originally Posted by Judebug
    Here's my latest UFO -- a Rocky Road to Kansas pattern. Get more info. on it from my blog.
    Old 06-10-2011, 04:00 AM

I've actually begun the second side of my duvet, only a year after the first side was pieced together. I will post a picture when I get it done.
    Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM

this is my May UFO finally done, started this 2 years ago. I kept running out of flannel and had to go back 3 times. Over 91/2 yards of flannel on the back. Each block is 6" and I lost some of the flannel in shrinkage and some of it in the "rag." I over stuffed the biscuits, and it weighs a ton. I needed some help in hanging it up. The ragging is what held up the progress. I don't think I'll be making a rag biscuit for sometime. My second big biscuit quilt will be done in different kinds of material, like poly, lace, suede and whatever. I almost have them made. I think they are a lot of fun. I can make a baby quilt in about a week start to finish.

close up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]209770[/ATTACH]

the front
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]209771[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-209764.jpe   attachment-209765.jpe  
    Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
    Banned

That is just too cute. Great job.

Originally Posted by biscuitqueen
    this is my May UFO finally done, started this 2 years ago. I kept running out of flannel and had to go back 3 times. Over 91/2 yards of flannel on the back. Each block is 6" and I lost some of the flannel in shrinkage and some of it in the "rag." I over stuffed the biscuits, and it weighs a ton. I needed some help in hanging it up. The ragging is what held up the progress. I don't think I'll be making a rag biscuit for sometime. My second big biscuit quilt will be done in different kinds of material, like poly, lace, suede and whatever. I almost have them made. I think they are a lot of fun. I can make a baby quilt in about a week start to finish.
    Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 AM

I have finally finished my June UFO which was began a long, long time ago! It is a king size quilt and each block is quilted differently--making it more fun to quilt. The pattern is called "Beveled blocks" by Aardvark Quilts (www.aardvarkquilts.com) and designed by Pamela Goecke Dinndorf. The pattern is simple and easy, and it is basically a scrap quilt with a blue/green colorwave.

This was my first king size and I am very glad it is finished as I can now relax and go on to other UFOs! :D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-213279.jpe   attachment-213280.jpe   attachment-213281.jpe  
    Old 06-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Iris P.
    This was my first king size and I am very glad it is finished as I can now relax and go on to other UFOs! :D
    That is very elegant and rich looking. Great job. Did you have it quilted by long arm or did you do it on your sewing machine? No matter how..it is lovely!