Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM

I like this UFO thing, I have a box of them. I better get quilting as I could use that box.
    Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm in too. Will count up my UFO's and post a list asap. If I can, will finish some small projects for Christmas gifts!

Not sure how others are counting, but for me knitting, etc. UFOs will also count since they are in the minority.
    Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 PM

This sounds great to me. Why is it that a new project is so exciting? I just started quilting a nice quilt that has been pinned for over a year.
    Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM

How I counted mine was that we needed to clean garage for new longarm machine so the child went thru each one to help me sort and organize where I should put things in the cupboards and each project was either in a box, plastic bin, or a plastic bag. she would ask me if this fabric was ok to put away and I said it went with this project and then i got a look and she simply states "I think we need to make a list mom to help you get these things done". that was it, she started it and now I have a long list of five pages long with each item on it. Now I do not think it fair she put her skirt and shirt to be done when that is her project, but it made my list, hmmmmmmm...... some issue there for me. LOl
    Old 12-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    ta-da...here is the official topic for this event!
    Count me in..I need to tackle more than 30 UFO's this year...some are more than 10 years old! I used to teach a lot of classes, especially mystery quilt classes...SO, I have all these quilts in various stages as you had to teach ONE step at a time...when I left AK and quit teaching those classes, I had no place for those quilts to go, so they got set aside. I also took a lot of classes and those quilts/projects are never finished in the class, so when I get home, it is on to whatever I am already working on an the class project is set aside....Now, they are taking up room and need to be GONE....wish me luck!
    I think (hope) I don't have quite 30 but I can relate..I'm in, i really need help with motivation for these projects
    Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM

Won't it be nice to get those pins back so you can pin another one and not buy new ones?
    Originally Posted by mycatsmom
    This sounds great to me. Why is it that a new project is so exciting? I just started quilting a nice quilt that has been pinned for over a year.
    Old 12-15-2011, 03:51 PM

I'll be watching - I know I need to get some of those buggers done, I'll decide once the ORCA BAY quilt is completed
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Although I would be happy to just not create more UFO's, I!m in on this. Don't have that many, but one was started in 1994; so should be aged well enough by now.
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:44 PM

Hello Everyone,
    I was reading all the post about the UFO challenge. I am in but was wondering if we all could have a UFO partner that would remind us about our challenge and email us to hang in there. The end will be great. And maybe more room to buy new fabric. I guess a one on one or two on one would help me. I guess I would have to answer to them. I hope you understand what I mean!
    Deb
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:54 PM

I'm in, my UFO's are getting so out of hand that my DH has been asking if I have seen any SETI people in the backyard yet.