Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 AM

Thanks Almond. I may get that book. I like how it appears. Put it on my list of want to dos instead of UFOs to do. I readjusted my longarm last night and did some more tweeking and I think I got it to work. So much so that I actually finished quilting that farm quilt. No, did not take time to do binding yet, but will get on that tonight at quilt group. I did a baby quilt for a friend instead, her new grandbaby comes today so needed to get it done for her. Loaded a wall hanging that I started last year about this time. Will hang that on the church board for a couple of weeks. Then I will do my wallhanging bargello heart that I finished a year ago. Man, so glad I got my new machine, it makes me want to finish projects. So if I get those done, that will be three finished at least for February, oh yeah, I already got two done so that will be five. making the goal of 10. I think I may pull out a couple of easy ones so I can hit 10. I keep this up, by end of year will finally make goal of 130
    Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM

New to the board and just saw this. Is it to late to get in? I sure have a lot of U.F.O's. Thought this would be a good group for me. Sure hope I can join. I thought even if I only got a couple done, it would be more than I have done now. U.F.O's sure seem to pile up.
    Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM

Spotty, welcome! We're informal. Finish a UFO & post it!
    Old 02-21-2012, 01:34 PM

Welcome Spotty, always room for one more on this train! Looking forward to seeing your finished projects here and hearing the bell ring when anyone finishes something up!
    Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Cool, another fun person, welcome spotty.
    Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Spotty
    New to the board and just saw this. Is it to late to get in? I sure have a lot of U.F.O's. Thought this would be a good group for me. Sure hope I can join. I thought even if I only got a couple done, it would be more than I have done now. U.F.O's sure seem to pile up.
    Welcome to the UFO post. Looking forward to seeing you finished projects. I can't believe how much this thread helps me. Got 3 done and ready to post another tonight. As soon as my long arm gets fixed, I will have more. I seem to always get the top done, but get hung up on quilting & binding.
    Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Here ya there almond, it is the binding that gets me. I swapped a little longarm quilting for binding. It is helping, do what ya gotta do. Ok, I have been on this board way to much today. I am such a bother sometimes.
    Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Ladies, may I join also? I have made a promise to myself that I would try to "clean" up as many UFO's in my closet as possible. I am also working on using up as much of my stash as I can.....sometimes I look at a fabric and ask myself "What the heck was I thinking?"
    Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM

So glad I can join. Thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to getting some of my things done.
    This afternoon I moved my sewing machine into the dinning room. It's in front of the picture window.I have great light there. And it's warn and toasty in there. As I get older, I find I get colder. Had it in the living room , but when a strong wind blows out of the north it can get cool in there. And I hate to keep turning up the heat.
    Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nanachar
    Ladies, may I join also? I have made a promise to myself that I would try to "clean" up as many UFO's in my closet as possible. I am also working on using up as much of my stash as I can.....sometimes I look at a fabric and ask myself "What the heck was I thinking?"
    Welcome, We can't wait ta see what ya got.