Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • After all these years - >
  • After all these years -

• After all these years -

Old 05-27-2024, 09:08 AM

Going back to the original post...
    After all these years, I'm still using the spatula/turner that my mom owned since I was a baby. I love it and use it every day. I know that I'm going to need to replace it one day. I've looked for another one like but but have never been able to find one. It has a wooden handle and a long, bouncy blade that gets under things easily. It works great for flipping eggs, pancakes and anything else that needs turning.
    Old 05-27-2024, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

King Arthur Flour used to sell great spatulas like that. Flexible metal blade. I bought the brownie and pie server and wished now I had bought the long spatula.
    Old 05-31-2024, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    King Arthur Flour used to sell great spatulas like that. Flexible metal blade. I bought the brownie and pie server and wished now I had bought the long spatula.
    Oooohhh...I'll have to look there. IMHO, King Arthur is the new Williams Sonoma...lots of goodies that you love, but don't REALLY need...well, maybe you do need them.
    Old 06-02-2024, 06:19 AM

Bear is grey - i hear you. 45 years yesterday for me and i hear a lot “well, if you had to pay the power bill”. Jokingly of course as he also leaves his shop light on or the big shop door open!
    Old 06-02-2024, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by tropit
    Oooohhh...I'll have to look there. IMHO, King Arthur is the new Williams Sonoma...lots of goodies that you love, but don't REALLY need...well, maybe you do need them.
    I live down the street from KAF - what I have that I love is their plastic bowl scraper - looks like this scraper I think I got it for free but it is awesome.

ETA - they are a great outfit, employee-owned and they donate a lot of baked goods and flour to the food shelf where I volunteer.
    Old 06-07-2024, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
    I live down the street from KAF - what I have that I love is their plastic bowl scraper - looks like this scraper I think I got it for free but it is awesome.

ETA - they are a great outfit, employee-owned and they donate a lot of baked goods and flour to the food shelf where I volunteer.
    I'm so glad to hear that about King Arthur. I really love their flour and always stock up on it when it goes on sale.
    Old 06-08-2024, 11:34 AM

My husband and I have been married for 59 years and I can so relate to some of the previous comments. It gets to the point where we can laugh at it. Our memories are also slipping once in a while.