Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Carving out quilting time for myself. >
  • Carving out quilting time for myself.

• Carving out quilting time for myself.

Old 11-09-2023, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I made a casserole large enough to feed 12 people the other night and the next morning...there it was...gone...just an empty dish

My goodness! I guess hide the premade food in the freezer labeled do not eat yet.
    The freezer won't fool him, but the vegetable drawer might.
    Old 11-09-2023, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by tropit
    The freezer won't fool him, but the vegetable drawer might.
    Lol this reminds me of when my kids were young. I used to buy those tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough, and they would invariably get to it before I had a chance to bake the cookies. So I recycled them and used them for leftover stew, chili, meat loaf, etc. Took about a year, but they finally got to the point where they just assumed the tubs had leftovers and wouldn't even bother looking. Lol.

I also used to hide mini chocolate bars in frozen vegetable bags in the freezer. They NEVER found them. 🤣🤣🤣
    Old 11-09-2023, 11:12 AM
    Power Poster

I remember buying tubs of the cookie dough. I always bought at least four at a time to have at least one to use to bake cookies for an event coming up. Same with the Philly Cheesecake filling in the tub. My kids used it as a dip for vanilla wafers.
    Old 11-09-2023, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Lol this reminds me of when my kids were young. I used to buy those tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough, and they would invariably get to it before I had a chance to bake the cookies. So I recycled them and used them for leftover stew, chili, meat loaf, etc. Took about a year, but they finally got to the point where they just assumed the tubs had leftovers and wouldn't even bother looking. Lol.

I also used to hide mini chocolate bars in frozen vegetable bags in the freezer. They NEVER found them. 🤣🤣🤣
    Hiding anything in the vegetable drawer would definitely deter my husband. I doubt he's ever even opened it!

I like hiding the chocolate bars in the frozen veggie bags. Great idea!