Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Chicken for a crowd >
  • Chicken for a crowd

• Chicken for a crowd

Old 04-16-2015, 08:54 PM

I make a chicken dish for a crowd. Bake boneless chicken pieces (I like thighs) put out bowl of rice and all the topppings, pineapple, peas, cheese, onions etc. Let everyone build their own.. You can find this and it is often called Hawaiian chicken
    Old 04-17-2015, 02:51 AM

Hellman's Parmesan Crusted chicken breasts are super easy and delicious. Instead of bread crumbs for the topping, I use Pepperidge Farms Herbed seasoned stuffing mix over the mayonnaise/parmesan spread. Easy to assemble and they bake up in about 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
    Old 04-17-2015, 08:20 AM

How about chicken spaghetti?
    Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 AM

Thanks to all for your help. They all sound good and easy. Will try a few of them to see which one I like. Again thanks, Mary
    Old 04-18-2015, 10:19 AM

Another quick, easy one is to put desired chicken pieces in a zip lock bag, pour a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing in bag. Turn several times so all chicken is coated. Keep in refrig overnight, take chicken pieces out and grill. The dressing keeps the chicken very moist and great flavor.
    Old 04-18-2015, 12:03 PM

This is my "go to" for feeding a crowd.
    Diabetic friendly Chicken salad-

1 pound any type pasta, cooked, drained and cooled with cold water to stop cooking.
    2 cans chopped black olives
    2 16oz cans of any type beans ( black, pinto, kidney, garbanzo, etc) drained and rinsed
    2 each red and green peppers (chopped small)
    1 big sweet white onion (chopped)
    4-8 celery stalks (chopped)
    6 -8 oz any cheese (grated)
    1 small package frozen peas thawed ( i put them in the colandar before I drain the pasta, and the pasta heat thaws them)

Bake chicken breasts ( 6-8) in a foil packet to prevent drying it out, cool and cut into bite size pieces. Using a huge non-metal bowl, mix all together and top with a large bottle of any salad dressing, (DH prefers the zesty italian) but you could use what you like, just remember that any mayonaise based salad dressing must be kept cold!
    Just so you know the volume of this salad for a crowd, I use a big white "dish pan" that I keep just for these large recipes, especially taco salad! ( also makes a great bread bowl)

*any meat will work, we have tried tuna, leftover roast, ham, canned salmon (not pretty, but yummy), even ground turkey.
    *This salad is a complete meal, so you can make dinner for tomorrow tonight, and spend the time you have guests, actually visiting with your guests.
    * you can put the onions, celery, and peppers in the microwave for a few mintes to soften them for babies or people with teeth problems, and it is still yummy!
    Old 04-19-2015, 04:48 AM

I'm not sure how I came up with this but my family and friends love it. Best of all - it's easy!
    Spray a baking dish. Take thin chicken breasts (Costco-Kirkland tenderloins work great) dip them in egg and then Parmesan cheese (I double dip them). Put them in the baking dish and top with crumbled Feta cheese. Bake at 350 until chicken is done - approx. 1/2 to 3/4 hr. Don't over-bake. Enjoy!
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    This is my "go to" for feeding a crowd.
    Diabetic friendly Chicken salad-

1 pound any type pasta, cooked, drained and cooled with cold water to stop cooking.
    2 cans chopped black olives
    2 16oz cans of any type beans ( black, pinto, kidney, garbanzo, etc) drained and rinsed
    2 each red and green peppers (chopped small)
    1 big sweet white onion (chopped)
    4-8 celery stalks (chopped)
    6 -8 oz any cheese (grated)
    1 small package frozen peas thawed ( i put them in the colandar before I drain the pasta, and the pasta heat thaws them)

Bake chicken breasts ( 6-8) in a foil packet to prevent drying it out, cool and cut into bite size pieces. Using a huge non-metal bowl, mix all together and top with a large bottle of any salad dressing, (DH prefers the zesty italian) but you could use what you like, just remember that any mayonaise based salad dressing must be kept cold!
    Just so you know the volume of this salad for a crowd, I use a big white "dish pan" that I keep just for these large recipes, especially taco salad! ( also makes a great bread bowl)

*any meat will work, we have tried tuna, leftover roast, ham, canned salmon (not pretty, but yummy), even ground turkey.
    *This salad is a complete meal, so you can make dinner for tomorrow tonight, and spend the time you have guests, actually visiting with your guests.
    * you can put the onions, celery, and peppers in the microwave for a few mintes to soften them for babies or people with teeth problems, and it is still yummy!
    I have saved this and will try it the next time I have a crowd to feed. Thanks for the recipe!
    Old 04-20-2015, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by my-ty
    I have saved this and will try it the next time I have a crowd to feed. Thanks for the recipe!
    You're welcome!
    Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jstitcher
    How about chicken spaghetti?
    Yummy, that is a favorite around here.