Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • cold bread pudding >
  • cold bread pudding

• cold bread pudding

Old 06-25-2024, 09:59 AM

Default cold bread pudding

Hello All,

I'm looking to re-create a childhood favorite that my maw maw used to make. She called it "cold bread pudding." I know she made it from old biscuits and cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. There may have been a little cinnamon in it too. She cooked it a bit and then put it in the fridge. It was sooo good! She always had some ready for me when I came home from college to visit.

I have searched some online but I seem to find more traditional bread pudding recipes. I haven't tried experimenting myself with any sort of recipe either. I thought perhaps someone on here might have some ideas...

Thanks for any suggestions or help!
    Old 06-26-2024, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by michelle-quilts
    Hello All,

I'm looking to re-create a childhood favorite that my maw maw used to make. She called it "cold bread pudding." I know she made it from old biscuits and cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. There may have been a little cinnamon in it too. She cooked it a bit and then put it in the fridge. It was sooo good! She always had some ready for me when I came home from college to visit.

I have searched some online but I seem to find more traditional bread pudding recipes. I haven't tried experimenting myself with any sort of recipe either. I thought perhaps someone on here might have some ideas...

Thanks for any suggestions or help!
    It's called "Biscuit Bread Pudding". There are many variations of it. Try searching for "Biscuit Bread Pudding" & see if you can find one close to the one you're looking for.
    Old 06-27-2024, 11:26 AM

Default thanks

Thanks Feather3! I'll try that....