Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Easy Angel Food Cake >
  • Easy Angel Food Cake

• Easy Angel Food Cake

Old 02-22-2017, 07:45 AM
    Power Poster

The Angel food cake and pineapple is an old Weight Watchers recipe. The Angel Food mix has to be the one where only water is added. I think Bettye Crocker has the best one.
    Old 02-22-2017, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17
    No newposts in recipes..so just a note to let you know you can make Angel food cake in an air fryer. I did it over the weekend.
    Please tell how!
    Old 02-22-2017, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    The Angel food cake and pineapple is an old Weight Watchers recipe. The Angel Food mix has to be the one where only water is added. I think Bettye Crocker has the best one.
    Thanks for hint...will add to my grocery list.....
    Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    Please tell how!
    I am attaching a pic of one of the 3 batches I made. For my air fryer, I have to make 3 batches if I am to use a whole box of angel food cake mix. The kind where you just add water.

So first I will tell you what I did with making the whole box. I followed the directions on the box, and portioned out to fill 2 mini loaf pans and a cake pan that came with my fryer. I preheated the fryer to about 320 degrees, and cooked each portion separately (my fryer isn't that big). Probably about 20 minutes or until a toothpick came out clean. It does inflate like normal but deflates toward the end of the baking period.

Now what I will do next is portion out the cake mix to three portions, and only make 1 portion at a time. It works great for us. Of course, per portion I would use 1/3 the water as well.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails angelfood.jpg  
    Old 03-07-2017, 03:03 PM

I finally made my angel cake but not sure if it baked enough. I did it for the 30 minutes, the top seemd nice and firm, but the bottom was almost like firm pudding, and not very appetizing. Is this the way it should be? But it sure is beautiful! Fresh out of the open, the crust around the edge was so crispy and wonderful.
    Attached Thumbnails img_2885.jpg  
    Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM
    Power Poster

PaintMeJudy ... No, it should not be like a pudding, but like an angel cake all the way through.
    By chance? did you add water? It should only be the box of one-step angel cake mix and a 19 oz. can of crushed pineapple.
    Generally, you use the baking time on the box, for the same size/shape of pan.
    Because of the pineapple it can be very moist ..... and so, I always find it takes a little longer than the angel cake to be sure it is baked right through.

The pineapple cake is good .... but really good is any pie filling in place of the pineapple.
    Cherry is probably my most favourite ... nice and pink and big cherries throughout.
    Quite showy and tasty.

No wait ... apple cinnamon would be my MOST fav ... apple pie filling and extra cinnamon mixed in.
    I run a knife through the filling a few times, so the apples get chopped up a bit.
    Old 03-07-2017, 06:33 PM

My version is to mix the powdered angel food cake mix with powdered gelatin (the kids liked raspberry the best, then add the amount of water suggested on the carton. I then topped with cool whip or whipped cream.