Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Easy stuffed peppers casserole. >
  • Easy stuffed peppers casserole.

• Easy stuffed peppers casserole.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:25 AM

Very clever method. Think I'll try both as my DH's favorite is stuffed peppers, too.
    Old 11-05-2016, 10:34 AM

My mother made stuffed peppers with what she called "Spanish Rice" she made from scratch. I asked her once how she made it and she couldn't remember, she just did it. She quit making it when my dad's diet restricted salt. I never cared for green peppers so always ate the stuffing and my dad got my pepper.
    Old 11-05-2016, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Same here Geri, I don't find the dish very much trouble at all to prepare. But when I make them I don't cook the ground meat as so many recipes call for. I mix raw ground beef (or ground turkey) with the cooked rice and seasonings (much like you would make meatloaf only with cooked rice instead of bread crumbs) and stuff the peppers with this. Place them in a deep casserole dish (or oven proof dutch oven) and pour the sauce all around it and over it, cover and bake for an hour, uncover and bake for an additional hour. It is pretty easy.
    I use a covered roaster pan and put the filled peppers upside down
    and cover with sauce, bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
    Sharon in Texas
    Old 11-06-2016, 09:46 AM

I can't wait to try this one. We love stuffed bell peppers but it is more work. I've made bell pepper soup, but this recipe sounds so easy.
    Old 11-09-2016, 04:31 AM

Same here Geri, I don't find the dish very much trouble at all to prepare. But when I make them I don't cook the ground meat as so many recipes call for. I mix raw ground beef (or ground turkey) with the cooked rice and seasonings (much like you would make meatloaf only with cooked rice instead of bread crumbs) and stuff the peppers with this. Place them in a deep casserole dish (or oven proof dutch oven) and pour the sauce all around it and over it, cover and bake for an hour, uncover and bake for an additional hour. It is pretty easy.

This is my basic recipe,but don't bake for that long.I actually use Mom's recipe from many yrs ago.Come to think of it,that's where all my best recipes come from.
    Old 11-09-2016, 04:46 AM

thats how I do it too! No more trouble than cooking any other dinner from scratch.....
    Old 11-17-2016, 03:41 PM
    Power Poster

I made your recipe Roberta. We have had it twice. It's very good. DH likes it, it's easy, and delicious so that makes it a winner for me. I made double the mix and omitted the rice in 1/2 to freeze . I bake the mix without rice and add it over noodles. This way I get two meals one with rice and one with pasta.