• Here's My Pear Bundt Cake Recipe

• Here's My Pear Bundt Cake Recipe

Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 AM
    Zoe

Thank you for your recipe. This is definitely one I shall try. :lol:
    Old 05-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zoe
    Thank you for your recipe. This is definitely one I shall try. :lol:
    Your welcome!! Love your avatar, btw! Looks like a 30's pattern!

:D
    Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 PM
    Zoe

Yes, it is a '30's pattern. The blocks were all handpieced by a lady who lived to be 98! I found these blocks (along with others) at the bottom of a box when I was helping her daughter relocate to another place. I've written this before, but my husband and I had carried out several boxes of what my friend thought were trash. All of a sudden I swear that I heard a small voice calling out "help me, help me!" from the box I had in my hands. When I lifted out all the papers and junk, nestled under all this were Sunbonnet Sue blocks, the butterfly blocks, and some crazy quilt blocks.

When I gave them to my friend (who is now in her 80's, she said she had completely forgotten about them). At that my husband, my friend, and I all rushed out to the truck to dig through the other boxes of "trash."

Outcome: my friend asked me to take these blocks and to give them to the people who knew her late mother. She also wanted me to make a quilt out of the butterflies, since she knew that design is one of my favorites. We estimate that the butterfly blocks were made circa 1950.

I have a treasure...and a load of memories with this quilt! :lol:
    Old 05-23-2010, 04:08 PM
    Google Goddess

thanks
    Old 05-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zoe
    Yes, it is a '30's pattern. The blocks were all handpieced by a lady who lived to be 98! I found these blocks (along with others) at the bottom of a box when I was helping her daughter relocate to another place. I've written this before, but my husband and I had carried out several boxes of what my friend thought were trash. All of a sudden I swear that I heard a small voice calling out "help me, help me!" from the box I had in my hands. When I lifted out all the papers and junk, nestled under all this were Sunbonnet Sue blocks, the butterfly blocks, and some crazy quilt blocks.

When I gave them to my friend (who is now in her 80's, she said she had completely forgotten about them). At that my husband, my friend, and I all rushed out to the truck to dig through the other boxes of "trash."

Outcome: my friend asked me to take these blocks and to give them to the people who knew her late mother. She also wanted me to make a quilt out of the butterflies, since she knew that design is one of my favorites. We estimate that the butterfly blocks were made circa 1950.

I have a treasure...and a load of memories with this quilt! :lol:
    You sure do! That quilt is outstanding in color and placement of the butterflies. Wow, wow, wow!! And to think you got SS blocks along with Crazy Patch blocks too! Heard a similar story of a woman at a landfill turning around to find 8 antique quilts thrown out, maybe by accident. Never found the owner of them but donated them to a museum. What an honor to the person probably now deceased to know her quilts found a resting place in a museum instead of the landfill because of a sensitive woman on the lookout! They were beautiful! I have only done one quilt with a 30's pattern and that was my snowball that I posted not long ago. I love those 30 patterns and was liking all of it even before the 30's stuff became popular 15 yrs. ago! Well, thanks for the most interesting history of that quilt! You lucky lady!!

:D :D ;)
    Old 05-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks
    your welcome, craftybear!!!!!

;) ;)
    Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 AM
    Power Poster

Yummy