Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • how to fix fish? >
  • how to fix fish?

• how to fix fish?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Hello purplepassion you can take your fish and put it on a piece of tin foil add a little olve oil to the fish and put your seasoning on your fish cut a couple slices of onion, jalepeno, tomatoe , garlic slices 1 clove fresh garlic squeeze a half of a lemon over the fish seal up the tin foil like a pouch bake for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at 400 degrees serve it with rice its yummie makes very good fish tacos
    Old 02-17-2010, 05:36 AM

I make my own version of Sole Meuniere. You can use any white fish- I usually make it with tilapia because that's more readily available than sole.

So you need:
    Fish filets- defrosted if necessary
    Fresh lemons
    Flat italian parsley
    capers
    butter
    flour
    S&P
    Dry off the filets, completely, so they are as dry as you can get them. Season with S&P, then lightly dredge in flour (seasoned or not- your choice, I usually don't).
    Heat butter to medium heat- don't burn.
    Lightly fry the fish until you can't see any translucency- Usually about 3-4 minutes/side, but it depends on the thickness.
    If I make 4 3-4 oz filets, I use a handful of parsley (1/4 c chopped or so), 2 lemons, and about 1-2 T of capers- to give you an idea of quantities.

Mix together lemon juice, parsley and capers.
    When the fish is done, take it out and set aside to rest, add a little more butter to the pan, throw in the lemon/parsley mixture and just mix and heat up. You're not cooking this.
    Serve the fish with the sauce on top or underneath.

This is such a quick (10 minutes), easy and DELICIOUS! recipe to make. Great with a big pile of steamed veggies, or rice, or for company.. This is my version recipe that was Julia Child's culinary revelation. You'll see why when you make it- it's absolutely delicious.
    Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM

I have baked it wrapped in tin foil; add a spash of milk, slice of onion, top with slice of cheese, cover with tin foil. YUM
    Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 AM

When I cook Haddock.

I melt butter and put some to cover the bottom of a glass baking dish

Slice fillets into serving size portions and season with salt & pepper, place on butter

Buy pre-made seafood stuffing and place on top of fish and sprinkle with a little more of the butter. Sometimes at this point I'll add a little sprinkling of dill or some other fish seasoning

Then bake at 350 for 20 min.

Yum-Yum
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 AM

We use this for salmon, but it would likely work for just about any kind of fish you'd like. And it's oh so easy and no clean-up!
    ALFREDO SALMON
    (or fish of choice)
    1 lb Filet or salmon steaks
    1 envelope of garlic Alfredo mix
    Slices of red onion
    Slices of fresh lemon
    2-3 pats of butter
    tsp or so of dried Dill weed
    Sprinkle of black pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Lay salmon on piece of heavy-duty foil large enough to fold over and crimp ends securely. (If a filet, skin side down.)

Sprinkle with black pepper and dill weed.
    Cut butter pats in half - place on fish.
    Arrange slices of lemon every couple inches.
    Arrange slices of onion between the lemon.
    Sprinkle envelope of garlic Alfredo mix over top of all.

Seal foil to allow a little bit of room above the fish, but to prevent any steam or juices from escaping.

Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on thickness.

Place foil on heat-resistant dish. Carefully unfold the foil, crimping it back to expose the baked fish.

Place under broiler for about five minutes until topping begins to bubble and brown just a bit.

Serve with flat spatula which (if filet) easily cuts apart portions and leaves skin on the foil.

The salmon, a little rice pilaf, touch of green salad and a nice white wine makes for a company-worthy meal with very little effort and no fishy pans to clean up.

Enjoy! Just make sure you have ample portions for each person and they'll be back for seconds. (Any leftovers also reheat beautifully in the microwave.)
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:41 AM

I love white fish made into chowder. So-o-o simple and delicious. Here's the easy version.

chopped onion
    chopped celery (optional)
    potato chunks
    fish chunks
    1 can evaporated milk
    oil or butter or margarine
    salt and pepper

Cook onion and celery in a small bit of olive oil or butter until soft. Add potato chunks and just enough water to cover. Cook until potato done. Add evaporated milk and heat. Drop fish chunks into hot soup and cook gently until done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Quick, easy, yummy and even better the next day. There are no quantities because you just adjust the proportions to the amount of fish and your personal preference. I always use a full can of milk, though.
    Old 02-21-2010, 10:01 AM

Now that recipe sounds very good
    Old 02-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Wow, there are some good recipes here. Thank you everyone.
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM

You should try them all they are all good and good for when you have guest over to eat they will enjoy them
    Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 PM

We get a fish called SWAI or Tilapia is good, too. Rinse & sprinkle both sides with granulated garlic & onion powders. I also like Old Bay or Greek seasoning, too. Spray skillet with olive oil or canola oil spray, heat skillet, & add fish. Cook about 4-5 minutes on both sides depending on size of fillets. Cover. Turn half-way through, Serve with lemon juice. This is really yummy & no added salt or oil/fat!

winter012