Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Looking for vegetarian recipes. >
  • Looking for vegetarian recipes.

• Looking for vegetarian recipes.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
    Garden burger also makes a great bacon especially if you are craving a blt. Home made black bean burgers are also great I like them better than garden burgers. they are wonderful on the barbe
    Okay I have to ask how to make bacon from a Garden Burger.
    I love BLT's - the T. I might be able to figure out the black bean burgers. Altough it might be difficult keeping the beans on the barbe :lol:
    Thanks for the tips. I'm getting hungry. :thumbup:
    Old 08-20-2010, 08:44 PM

The bacon can be found in the freezer section at the grocery store next to garden burgers made by the same company. The black bean burgers actually stay together quite well I will look for receipe a little later
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:27 AM

Check out Bisquick (is this ok to use) "Vegetable Pie. I made it the other day and it is wonderful. Even good cold. I don't know if this helps but I hope so.
    Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by sassey
    The bacon can be found in the freezer section at the grocery store next to garden burgers made by the same company. The black bean burgers actually stay together quite well I will look for receipe a little later
    Ohhhh thank you. I'll check that out. I can't wait to go shopping. :thumbup:
    Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
    Check out Bisquick (is this ok to use) "Vegetable Pie. I made it the other day and it is wonderful. Even good cold. I don't know if this helps but I hope so.
    Vegetable Pie sounds really good. Maybe its like Sheppard Pie without the hamburger. I'm really glad I did this post so many ideas I never thought of. Thanks so much. This is my first exchange student so I want everything to go well. Thanks to everyone here my worries about this are easing up. :thumbup:
    Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 AM

Hi,

If you go to Bisquick.com search for Vegetable Pie I think that will bring it up. If not, let me know and I will send you the recipe as I changed a few items. Glad to help.
    Connie
    Old 08-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Another good thing to make is Using wheat Flat Out Bread[usually on shelf in front of deli in Wal Marts.] I spread refried beans on mine[hubby has pizza sauce] and then put whatever you want on it[mushrooms,olives,peppers,onions,we use vegiburger,or anything you can think of]. Then just put whatever kind of cheeze you want. Bake 350 till cheeze is turning brown or fresh veggies are cooked. I make up a bunch and cut in half , wrap and throw in freezer. When he takes one for lunch, he warms it up in the micro. Enjoy!!
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
    Hi,

If you go to Bisquick.com search for Vegetable Pie I think that will bring it up. If not, let me know and I will send you the recipe as I changed a few items. Glad to help.
    Connie
    Hi Connie. I looked on the Bisquick box and the recipe isn't there so I looked it up at the .com site and found a few really good looking recipes. I put it in a file for later. Thanks for that.
    I hope she doesn't mind being my guinea pig. This will all be an adventure. Ha.
    Old 08-21-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
    Another good thing to make is Using wheat Flat Out Bread[usually on shelf in front of deli in Wal Marts.] I spread refried beans on mine[hubby has pizza sauce] and then put whatever you want on it[mushrooms,olives,peppers,onions,we use vegiburger,or anything you can think of]. Then just put whatever kind of cheeze you want. Bake 350 till cheeze is turning brown or fresh veggies are cooked. I make up a bunch and cut in half , wrap and throw in freezer. When he takes one for lunch, he warms it up in the micro. Enjoy!!
    Thanks marlene. This looks really good. Just put stuff out and put what you want on it then bake. A do it your way meal.
    I like the freezing part. That will come in handy.
    Old 08-21-2010, 07:55 PM

Our DIL and son are vegans. The veggie bacon is in the greezer section and is pretty good and real easy to do. We make BLTs all the time They use vegan mayo but my DH still has to have his miricle whip. The chicken was good too by morning star They also have veggie hotdogs we like to make corn dogs with Jalepinos or hot dogs. She doesn't eat bread though so we made wraps. It was hard sometime no eggs, no gluten, no dairy. Found it best just take them shopping and let them pick what they would eat instead of guessing. Veggie soups are good to make too. but with vegitarian bouillons. spaggehitt, [pasta with tomatoe sause and we like to add a little garlic. I learned to check box labels cause a lot of things have meat seasoning in them. It was a learning experience for sure. I can understand no meat but sometimes it is a real pain in the butt about no eggs or dairy etc. Good Luck