Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Mexican Lunch at Casa Jan's >
  • Mexican Lunch at Casa Jan's

• Mexican Lunch at Casa Jan's

Old 04-06-2016, 07:18 AM

Jan, thank you for such a great recipe. I love quick and easy so will be sure to try it.

I'll keep you in my prayers through your upcoming surgery. Be sure to report back to us when you come through with flying colors!
    Old 04-06-2016, 07:21 AM

Jan, great recipe! EVERYTHING is improved by Hatch green chiles! Prayers coming your way from Alaska for your upcoming surgery.
    Old 04-06-2016, 07:34 AM

Can't wait too try your newest recipe, the burrito was yummy. Will send prayers your way for upcoming surgery.
    Brenda
    Old 04-07-2016, 05:20 AM

WE have Vegan in our quilting group this will be just right for her. She usually brings her own lunch to our meeting, when it is others month to do lunch.
    Praying for a successful surgery, just remember that you will be in God's hand during the surgery and He will be guiding the surgeons hands. I guess I missed the thread about your health problems and just found out about your upcoming surgery. From reading this thread it appears you are going to have Thyroid surgery. I had a total Thyroidectomy in 2009. When my anesthesiologist came in just before the surgery to see if he needed to give me anything for anxiety and couldn't believe how relaxed I was and didn't need anything, I told him "I'd turned it all over to God months before and asked Him to take care of everything, because God would be in charge and can handle everything, His shoulders are much broader than mine". Surgery went well as I had faith it would, but they did discover a malignancy in the very center of the left Thyroid. I've had two Iodine treatments since and no problems, just a check up every 6 months with my Oncologist. My prayers will be with you.
    Old 04-07-2016, 03:33 PM

Thank you for the recipes. My prayers are with you in your upcoming surgery. Let us know how things go. God Bless.
    Old 04-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Jan,
    Loved this recipe and hope to try it soon. Have some "leftover" zucchini that needs a special recipe. This is IT! I even have the cheese!
    Thanks for the update on your medical status. You are special to all on this board and we appreciate the openness you have with us all. You are always so positive and helpful. My prayers will continue on your behalf and am privileged to be allowed to stand in the gap for you. Please keep us posted as you are able.
    Old 04-08-2016, 01:14 PM

Will be thinking about you when you have surgery. Will also be traveling to Kentucky and heading through VA on the way home. Be warned......I may stop in for lunch!!!
    Old 04-08-2016, 10:12 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Will be thinking about you when you have surgery. Will also be traveling to Kentucky and heading through VA on the way home. Be warned......I may stop in for lunch!!!
    Deb,
    Sending a PM; please promise you'll give me a call when you're in state! If you are anywhere reachable we'll have to meet, at least for lunch, even if I am not the one making it.
    Jan in VA