Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • My favorite Recipes >
  • My favorite Recipes

• My favorite Recipes

Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM

I couldn't go back and edit the post so, hopefully if anyone reads it they will read where I put what size bags to use. :-)
    Old 11-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
    I couldn't go back and edit the post so, hopefully if anyone reads it they will read where I put what size bags to use. :-)
    Thanks Angie -- I made the correction on my copy. Can't wait to give it a try. And I love the idea that it all goes into the crock pot -- fix it and forget it. My guild is going to love it.
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
    Originally Posted by AngieS
    Thanks Angie -- I made the correction on my copy. Can't wait to give it a try. And I love the idea that it all goes into the crock pot -- fix it and forget it. My guild is going to love it.
    Oh, Joanie they will love it and they will really wonder what you have in there! :-) I hope it goes over well and it is so easy!! I love the easy stuff! Just like the Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches. I just use the chicken breasts and shred those and they are wonderful! I put some of the liquid on the bun and then add the meat....oh so good! You can add cheese or not-perfect either way.
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Here's a great gift idea-very cheap but our ladies loved it! When we made it everything cost $1 each....I think the prices may have gone up on a few items but it makes quite a bit of hand cream.

I have had my kids make things for ladies at church. Goto the Dollar Store to buy what you need. You take a bottle of the baby lotion (comes in pink bottle), a container of petrolium jelly (vaseline) and a container of Vitamin E. I put all of the lotion, all of the vitamin E and 3/4 amount of vaseline in my mixer and mix it all up. Put into containers (like baby food jars, canning jars, the containers you just emptied etc) and that is the best hand cream ever!! It comes out smelling good and does wonders on your hands and feet.
    Old 11-23-2010, 04:36 PM

Angie these are some great recipes. I have bookmarked so I can come back to it later. Thanks Gail
    Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 AM

Girl you are awesome!!! I went on your link and I am blown away by all the great recipes on there!! I can't wait to start trying some of them out; I'm a single mom and am always looking for something quick yet tasty for my 2 kids. I'm not that great of a cook so the simpler the better! Thank you again for sharing all your great recipes.
    Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Thank you Elliotsgreatgrandma and Edidarlene (my Mom's name is Edith Carolyn and she goes by Edie)

You are very welcome. I lovee to make things quick and easy yet not spend a bundle too. :-) With kids you have to try and feed them well and not break the bank. Plus, squeezing in the time to do so is hard!

I like to make up a Tator Tot Casserole and have in the freezer for a night when I don't feel well, or if I'm not going to be home.

can make Chili up and freeze it, Taco meat-I love doing this one! This way you can make Tacos or a Taco Ring, Taco Salad or whatever.

We like to take Chili and put them on a baked Potato w/some cheese on top. YUM!!
    Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM

Taco Ring

Make up your taco meat
    Use Crescent rolls
    Shredded Cheese (I use either just cheddar or the mixed kind)

I use my pizza stone and lay out the crescent rolls like a wreath-the wide ends all together and the corners just slightly hanging over stone. When you spoon the meat sprinkle with cheese and flip the crescent roll over and kind of pinch down the tip onto the other side of the crescent roll. Bake this until the rolls are done.

I DO NOT suggest using the big rolls-they don't cook all the way through and it's a doughy mess. YUCK! :-l

We use Salsa and salad stuff and sour cream with this. Yummy!
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
    Angie -- on Sweet Corn Recipe -- what size bags of corn? This sound like the perfect dish to take to our guild Christmas party.
    Thanks.
    Joanie,

Was just wondering if you got to try the recipe or not. If you did I hope it was good. :)
    Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 PM

tomorrow is the guild party and I've got all the stuff. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for reminding me and for the recipe.