Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • To my Vegan friends >
  • To my Vegan friends

• To my Vegan friends

Old 09-24-2022, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I always wondered why the no meat hamburger or bacon, I mean if you don't eat meat then why would you want fake meat?
    I'll address this one. I was "mostly vegan" for about 8 years. I eat meat now, but still make a majority of vegan dishes. I think that most vegans grew up eating animal products, so this is the way that they are programmed. Almost all American dishes require animal products, whether it's butter to cook in, cheese for any reason imaginable, milk with your cereal, etc. We all grew up eating this way and the grocery stores are getting more aggressive at supplying us with unhealthy animal products. (Personally, I think of processed lunch meat as a "fake meat" too and I won't even get started with hot dogs.)

Some people go vegan for ethical reasons, while others just want to cut back on the amount of unhealthy fats, proteins, additives, salts, etc going into their body, or maybe they just want to lose some weight. If you can have your burger and eat it too, then it's a win/win. And...let's face it...who doesn't love a good burger? Same goes for vegan hot dogs...yumm!
    Old 09-24-2022, 06:48 PM

My vegan daughter made moo shoo and seemed necessary for meat…TVP. Textured vegetable protein-fake meat.

Made spinach rolls. Just weren’t the same without cream cheese. Hubby couldn’t find the vegan alternative.
    Old 09-25-2022, 08:07 AM
    Power Poster

tropit is absolutely right about this. My kids eat wonderfully healthy and delicious meals. You just have to get creative, which they have. As I said before though, it wouldn't work for me. I can't give up certain things. I have noticed that the cleaner I eat the better I feel. I've had almost zero junk food in 6 months and I've dropped weight and feel great.
    Old 09-25-2022, 08:31 AM

I prefer being an Omnivore, although we do eat more veggies than meat at meal times.