Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • New vegan Hot Dog, The "Home Run" >
  • New vegan Hot Dog, The "Home Run"

• New vegan Hot Dog, The "Home Run"

Old 06-12-2021, 11:59 AM

Default New vegan Hot Dog, The "Home Run"

Ever since the beginning of Covid, most vegan products have either gotten waaay too expensive, or have just disappeared altogether from the shelves in the stores around here. Bummer! So, I started to do a little investigation as to why. Well, 2 of my favorite brands, Field Roast and Light Life were both bought out by a larger company, Greenleaf Foods. It turns out that they have been reinventing and relabeling all of the FR and LL products, plus adding some new ones. I'm guessing that this is why most of their products disappeared. I'm hoping that this is a good thing and I'll be seeing these new products soon...fingers crossed.

One of their newer products is the Field Roast™ Signature Stadium Dog and is now the official plant-based Dodger Dog. Hey, I really like the regular, Field Roast frankfurters and I love baseball, so naturally, I want to try it, if it ever makes it to my local stores. They put out a blurb about the Kogi "Home Run" Dog, created by celeb chef, Roy Choi, that they are now serving at Dodger Stadium.

I don't have the exact recipe, but here's the general info on the ingredients: Stadium Dog, topped with Choi’s signature Kogi slaw, cilantro-onion lime relish, salsas roja, verde and naranja, roasted sesame seeds, smothered with melted Chao Creamery dairy-free cheese and nestled inside a toasted bun.

Yum! I might have to go to an LA game just to try it.

(I don't have any affiliation with these products. I just like them.)