Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Peanut Butter Cups - Makes 125 pieces >
  • Peanut Butter Cups - Makes 125 pieces

• Peanut Butter Cups - Makes 125 pieces

Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 AM

This recipe is going into my homemade candy recipe file for sure!! YUMMY!!
    Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
    l
    Oh good!! Someone said they are excellent eaten frozen!!! If you're going to make that many, 3 days in a row, I would toss out the candy paper cup idea and just do the balls dipped in chocolate or design a specialty cup to hold all the chocolate like a graham cracker base or marshmallow treat base. Better yet, mix together melted chocolate and Rice Krispies (Nestle Candy Bar recipe) for your base for a dbl. delight!!!! Now we're talking a custom designed peanut butter cup!!! Yowzers!!! haha. We might as well improvise on this recipe!!! Let me know how yours turn out!! Get feedback from the neighborhood!!

Now I just might have to get this done with the ladies that I am baking with next week! I am going to do some with Rice Krispies, I was thinking of making some like the larger Peanut Butter Cups in muffin tins and only about 1/4 to 3/8 inches deep and some balls, however from experience when making balls, if your hands are too hot the balls will fail! This is due to the heat from your hands and the heat from the chocolate, so I would suggest cooling the balls BEFORE you dip it in the chocolate!

Will keep you all posted!!

TreeFrog

BTW:

Anyone else make these peanut butter cups? Have any suggestions?
    :D :D :D :D ;) ;)[/quote][/quote]

Good idea about chilling the balls first. I suggest freezing the balls. They'll be easier to dip in the chocolate with toothpicks then. Hope your baking with your friends turns out great!! :-D :-D :-D
    Old 11-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by winter012
    This recipe is going into my homemade candy recipe file for sure!! YUMMY!!
    Good thing!!! Love your avatar quilt too!!!

:D :D :D ;)
    Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 PM

[/quote]

Good idea about chilling the balls first. I suggest freezing the balls. They'll be easier to dip in the chocolate with toothpicks then. Hope your baking with your friends turns out great!! :-D :-D :-D[/quote]

I am sure that we will have a great time with my friends! We are always laughing when we are together! :-D :-D :-D

My son will be gone away for the weekend, so I am going to get a head start Sunday before he comes home! :thumbup: :thumbup:

TreeFrog
    Old 11-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Good idea about chilling the balls first. I suggest freezing the balls. They'll be easier to dip in the chocolate with toothpicks then. Hope your baking with your friends turns out great!! :-D :-D :-D[/quote]

I am sure that we will have a great time with my friends! We are always laughing when we are together! :-D :-D :-D

My son will be gone away for the weekend, so I am going to get a head start Sunday before he comes home! :thumbup: :thumbup:

TreeFrog[/quote]

What a fun thing to do with friends!! They make for good times, good laughs, good memories -- just don't you ladies gobble them all up!!

:-D :-D
    Old 11-28-2010, 08:52 AM

What a fun thing to do with friends!! They make for good times, good laughs, good memories -- just don't you ladies gobble them all up!!

:-D :-D[/quote]

Now that I cannot promise! lol I just might make a double batch. I was thinking I might add some peanuts to one batch, and add some soft caramel to some of the cups that do not have peanuts or rice krispies! Any thoughts or ideas?

TreeFrog
    Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM

:-D :-D
    Now that I cannot promise! lol I just might make a double batch. I was thinking I might add some peanuts to one batch, and add some soft caramel to some of the cups that do not have peanuts or rice krispies! Any thoughts or ideas?

TreeFrog[/quote]

To the melted chocolate, add some butterscotch chips, make it half and half. Try rolling the balls in cocoa powder or finely crushed graham crackers before coating with chocolate. Cover the balls with Magic Shell, it hardens when it hits the air, then sprinkle on a bit of finely crushed nuts (before it hardens). Sprinkle with colored sugars or powdered sugar. Stuff the middle of the ball with a mini M&M or a rolo candy bar that's been quartered or an M&M peanut. Drizzle white icing on the tops and use a toothpick to drag the icing. Roll the balls in caramel ice cream topping and then dip in chocolate! Any or all of these should work good!! haha. Enjoy! Cover with ganache. Have fun!

:D :D ;) ;) ;)
    Old 11-28-2010, 05:59 PM
    Banned

Mmmmmm. I've made them before...
    Old 11-29-2010, 07:31 AM

To the melted chocolate, add some butterscotch chips, make it half and half. Try rolling the balls in cocoa powder or finely crushed graham crackers before coating with chocolate. Cover the balls with Magic Shell, it hardens when it hits the air, then sprinkle on a bit of finely crushed nuts (before it hardens). Sprinkle with colored sugars or powdered sugar. Stuff the middle of the ball with a mini M&M or a rolo candy bar that's been quartered or an M&M peanut. Drizzle white icing on the tops and use a toothpick to drag the icing. Roll the balls in caramel ice cream topping and then dip in chocolate! Any or all of these should work good!! haha. Enjoy! Cover with ganache. Have fun!

:D :D ;) ;) ;)[/quote]

Sounds fun and sticky! Also like I will need a diet by the end of the "bake off"! lol I am going to try everything, it's for the kids (my husband and 17 year old) lol!

TreeFrog
    Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 AM

:D :D ;) ;) ;)
    Sounds fun and sticky! Also like I will need a diet by the end of the "bake off"! lol I am going to try everything, it's for the kids (my husband and 17 year old) lol!

TreeFrog[/quote]

The best treats in life are gooey!! Ask the kids and they will come up with fantastic toppings and ideas!! Diet is a 'tomorrow' word! Well, sometimes we are the biggest kids in the group when it comes to yummy desserts!!!

:D :D have a great time with your concoctions!!!