Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Peanut Butter >
  • Peanut Butter

• Peanut Butter

Old 12-22-2023, 08:50 AM

I don't put peanut butter in the refrigerator, just on the shelf.
    Old 12-22-2023, 11:19 AM

I never buy peanut butter because when it's on the shelf, I eat it from the jar until it's gone.
    Old 12-22-2023, 05:18 PM

I buy the peanut butter that is just peanuts and a bit of salt. It separates if left on the shelf so mine stays in the fridge.
    Old 12-23-2023, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

I made a batch of homemade peanut butter from roasted peanuts, salt, and a little peanut oil. It was good but hard to keep, it got hard in the fridge so no one wanted to mess with it. Too firm to spread on anything. I guess I need to experiment with ingredients to keep it soft.
    Old 12-24-2023, 04:05 AM

I found out my mom loved PB but was always battling with her weight, so she rarely kept it in the house. So I didn't have too much as a kid. I do like it, whenever I eat it, I think, Why don't I eat this more?
    The school lunches, when they had spaghetti, they served bread and butter, but when they served American chop suey (almost the same thing) they served bread and PB. To this day I get a craving for white bread and peanut butter with a tomato-sauced pasta meal. Try it sometime, it's good!
    Old 12-24-2023, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I made a batch of homemade peanut butter from roasted peanuts, salt, and a little peanut oil. It was good but hard to keep, it got hard in the fridge so no one wanted to mess with it. Too firm to spread on anything. I guess I need to experiment with ingredients to keep it soft.
    yep my store bought plain peanut and salt butter is too hard to spread when I take it out of the fridge too. What I do, is just plop a bit of it on my warm just removed from the toaster, toast and pour my coffee, when I get back to it, it has softened enough to spread. Also works on plain bread but you have to leave it sit just a bit longer, like the time it takes to get an apple and dry it.