Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Pizza stuffed chicken >
  • Pizza stuffed chicken

• Pizza stuffed chicken

Old 11-23-2023, 06:27 AM

Default Pizza stuffed chicken

Iceblossom's post about Ketovore pizza reminded me of a recipe we tried not long ago. It is definitely a keeper.

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    pizza sauce
    shredded mozzarella cheese
    choice of traditional pizza toppings--pepperoni, mushrooms, ham, olives, onions, whatever strikes your fancy.

With a sharp knife, slit a pocket into the meatiest part of the breast. You can use your fingers to widen it. Stuff with choice of toppings. Put breasts into a greased oven proof pan and top with pizza sauce. Bake at 350 degrees. About 10 minutes before breasts are done, top with shredded mozzarella. Remove from oven, cover loosely and let rest before slicing.

I sometimes butterfly the breasts, pound to a uniform thickness, add my toppings and roll up. One of these days I'm going to try stuffing one with ham, pineapple and olives. The variations are endless!
    Old 11-23-2023, 06:43 AM

Oooo! Sounds great! I'm more of a thigh chicken fan but when I see a good sale on chicken breast I am not opposed, and I like having options on what to do when you have a little bit of various things left over.

For a butterflied and stuffed pork version, I've adapted the "Pamplona of Pork Tenderloin" recipe from Steve Raichlen's shows. I use about a 3 pound chunk from what we call the baseball bat of pork loin. Butterfly it, sometimes I pound/sometimes I don't, rub all over with some prepared dijon mustard, spread some form (ie, what's on sale) of onions or vegetables cream cheese spread. Boursin like in the original recipe is great but usually expensive, different but Tillamook Vegetable is another favorite, and store brand chives works great too! Then some chopped ham (buy ham steak on sale, cut it into pieces and freeze for when you want, lunch meat also works but sort of disappears), and we find that the roasted/grilled red pepper really makes the dish. Roll back up, tie off with some butcher's twine and roast at about 325-350 for 60-90 minutes.

Here's a link to the real recipe:
    https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/pam...rk-tenderloin/

For me, I started watching his shows on the PBS Creates channel and have learned a lot about different techniques, both on grill and off.
    Old 11-23-2023, 11:50 AM

Thanks Iceblossom! Pork tenderloin has been the one meat item that has not increased in price. I often marinate it and seal with my food saver, then sous vide to 134 degrees and do a final hard sear to bring it up to medium/medium well doneness. This recipe looks yummy. Thanks for the link.
    Old 11-24-2023, 05:54 AM

Thanks! We eat pork tenderloin every week. The price is right! Usually, I either chunk it up into the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup, or broil it 4 minutes on each side.