Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • power pressure cooker Xl >
  • power pressure cooker Xl

• power pressure cooker Xl

Old 02-17-2016, 08:12 PM

I have the same one and it is great. I especially like making spaghetti in it, everything goes in at once, no cooking pasta separately. And it is done in less than ten minutes.
    Old 02-17-2016, 08:20 PM

What I like most about the electric power pressure cooker Xl ,is that it infuses the flavors into your foods. Only thing is chicken doesn't get crispy but that's ok too. No need for using the stove top and keeping an eye on things while quilting etc. They say you can can in there but I wouldn't risk it if it contains meat. I've made Swedish meatballs, spaghetti, ham, roasts both pork and beef and various veggies . all turned out great. Gives more time to quilt and still feed my family a delicious meal .
    Old 02-17-2016, 11:09 PM

We gave our four grown children a Cuisinart XL electric pressure cooker for Christmas a year ago. They love it. So...we finally recently purchased one @ Menards (not a Cuisinart but does the same job) for ourselves. Just this evening I put three boneless center cut pork chops in the bottom, covered with cream of mushroom soup, added a fourth chop on top & covered with soup; put four peeled & halved potatoes and some small whole garden carrots (about 4" long) around the top chop'; and carefully poured in one cup of water so as not to 'wash off' the soup from the chops. Pressured for 25 minutes. @Geri B: none of it was mushy;even the soup was still nicely smoothed atop the chops and everything tasted quite yummy. I poured the remaining liquid into another kettle to make a very delicious "mushroom" gravy. So far I've only done a beef roast, potatoes and carrots and BBQ'd a rack of pork back ribs and all was tasty. Sorry the pictures turned you away from a great kitchen counter appliance that is also oh so easy to clean. I'm retired and have time to cook 'the old fashioned way' but what a time saver and less dishes.
    Old 02-18-2016, 11:15 AM

My neighbor talked me into buying a Cooks Essentials power pressure cooker and I love it, too. She bought the 4 qt. cooker, then the 6 Qt. AND the 8 qt. because she cooks for 2 big men. Then a friend saw mine and she bought the 6 qt. AFTER her husband tried to make bean soup in her old pressure cooker. He got it cooking, went outside to feed the dog and forgot about it because the weather was so nice. When my friend came home, there were beans on the, cabinets, ceiling , floor and all over the kitchen. Ended up have to paint the whole room!
    Old 02-18-2016, 11:17 AM

Can you post the recipe for the spaghetti without cooking the pasta on the stove? Sounds yummy!
    Old 02-18-2016, 11:18 AM

I have not had any recipe turn out mushy. They have videos on yt to make different recipes. Dried peas n beans can go in without soaking them first overnight. Homemade soups are a snap in these and are very tasty. I love mine and wont part with it.
    Old 02-18-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by tenngal
    My neighbor talked me into buying a Cooks Essentials power pressure cooker and I love it, too. She bought the 4 qt. cooker, then the 6 Qt. AND the 8 qt. because she cooks for 2 big men. Then a friend saw mine and she bought the 6 qt. AFTER her husband tried to make bean soup in her old pressure cooker. He got it cooking, went outside to feed the dog and forgot about it because the weather was so nice. When my friend came home, there were beans on the, cabinets, ceiling , floor and all over the kitchen. Ended up have to paint the whole room!
    been there, done that. Never again!
    Old 02-18-2016, 01:52 PM

FYI if you are new to a PC.
    The length of time it take to pressure depends on your food and altitude.
    My altitude is 5,200 feet
    I cook a roast about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or till fall apart.
    I cook beans 2 hours [just wash and cook, no soaking]
    In Dallas the altitude is 430 feet, these cook times are cut in half- it is a lower altitude
    Judge your cook time by your altitude not the book,use the book as a guide to start with.
    The longer you cook it the more you cook out your vitamins.
    Old 02-19-2016, 08:33 AM
    Power Poster

I use two or more pressure cookers for meals almost everyday. Meat in one, vegetables in one and a starch or sweet in another. I use the smaller pressure cookers. I can't buy my favorite anymore but there are several brands that work great.
    Old 02-19-2016, 04:35 PM

Here is a recipe for cooking spaghetti in an electric pressure cooker. You can adapt the ingrediants to your own taste, I did find 2 videos on you tube that gives you an idea on how too. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. main thing is not to set the timer for too long. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...tti69666.shtml