Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy Chocolate Covered Peanut Clusters- Crock Pot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-chocolate-covered-peanut-clusters-crock-pot-t14240.html)

beachlady 12-18-2008 06:44 PM

OK.......we left home at 5pm and just got home at 9:30 pm.....went 75 miles, used 1/2 tank of gas and finally found some vanilla almond bark, and yes I bought all they had!!!!! Only had 6 packages!!! First we went north to a Super Wal-Mart, hit a couple of other grocery stores - Walmart had some but were sold out - other stores did not. Then we drove by our house and went south to another Super Wal-mart and lo and behold they had it!! I almost sang Hallelujah!!! We are both exhausted, but had some good laughs and quality time with each other.

We have a very famous local delicious candy store here and I am sure I could have bought it cheaper there.....LOL!!! But I perservered! Tomorrow I will make candy!!! YEAH!!!!!

Is that almond bark something that is in the store all year, or only at Christmas? Just want to prepare for next year earlier!!

sandpat 12-19-2008 04:55 AM

:lol: :lol: Its really not that funny...well, yes it is.. I hate it when I get that determined to make something and drive myself crazy until I gather all the ingredients and get it done. I SURE hope you think they are worth it. :? I am sooo glad you found some though. I have never looked for the stuff except for around Christmas, but I would think the stores would have it all the time, maybe just not a big display of it (which your stores evidently didn't have anyway :wink: ) Well....now..dump that stuff in the pot, sit back and rest up from your ordeal and then ENJOY!

auntluc 12-19-2008 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG....what some people won't do all for the love of chocolate.
You all don't know how many times since the 8th of December my DH and I have gone shopping for the stuff to make this candy. Had everything in my hands one time and ended up putting it back on the shelf after I read how many calories the almond bark had in it.
The next time I gathered up everything but couldn't find the almond bark and put it all away again.
Back to Walmart today while DH is getting a hair cut I found everything again except the almond bark....we were even in line to check out and I said "I'm not going to get this stuff if we can't get the almond bark" so while he stays in line off I go to put everything back. As I pass the middle isle where the holiday baking stuff is located...low and behold there is the almond bark. I grab up 2 bags and run back to the register and DH is standing there laughing his fool head off at me.
I got the crockpot out and dumped everything in and guess what...my crockpot isn't big enough for both packages of almond bark.

sandpat 12-19-2008 12:31 PM

Oh yes it is...just mash it down..or break it up a little more. My pot is the same size as yours.

auntluc 12-19-2008 01:40 PM

Both packages of almond bark is in the crockpot now...it should be interesting when I try to stir it up in about 2 hours. :roll:

beachlady 12-19-2008 02:31 PM

My peanut ones all made and setting up. After the three hours it did not look melted, but all I had to do was stir it up real good. Let it "cook" for 15 more minutes and then set them out. Tired a piece and it is good. Sandpat - how do you store them? Going to make the cashew ones tonight. I never looked at the calories - oh dear should I look now???? Too late. It sure made a ton and I think I individually made them too big. Neighbors, here I come!!!! I love the flavor of them.

Kmshir 12-19-2008 03:19 PM

I just made these and I only had them in the crock pot for 2 1/2 hrs, I started smelling something burning so i too the lid off and it was my candy.
I had my crock pot on low don't know what happen unless because it's a new crock pot it is cooking hotter. I have to throw it all :cry: away

beachlady 12-19-2008 03:44 PM

Oh no, that is too bad. Ingredients expensive when all added up. I have plenty - want some?

auntluc 12-19-2008 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
beachlady...don't even try to figure out how many calories they have in them. :shock:
Kmshir...sorry you had such bad luck on yours.
I have peanut clusters all over the place. I'm putting a "Free Milk Chocolate Peanut Cluster" sign out in my front yard tomorrow.
If they don't come get them I'm going house to house.
I also did the milk chocolate but now wish I had done the semi sweet chocolate. I thought with the german bakers chocolate they would be too dark.
Just a note to those who are tempted to make them...unless you have a large family I would suggest you make half a recipe.

Peanut clusters everwhere...be sure you have plenty of table or countertop space to put them on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22816[/ATTACH]

This is what you have after you stir them.
That's a lot of chocolate!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22817[/ATTACH]

sandpat 12-19-2008 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kmshir
I just made these and I only had them in the crock pot for 2 1/2 hrs, I started smelling something burning so i too the lid off and it was my candy.
I had my crock pot on low don't know what happen unless because it's a new crock pot it is cooking hotter. I have to throw it all :cry: away

Oh no....I feel terrible for you! I know it was quite expensive, I hate that you had to throw it away!! I do have an older pot..It never occurred to me that a newer pot would cook hotter. I am really so so so sorry.. :( :(