Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy Chocolate Covered Peanut Clusters- Crock Pot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-chocolate-covered-peanut-clusters-crock-pot-t14240.html)

beachlady 12-20-2008 11:01 AM

My cashew ones are all done and setting up - peanuts wrapped and ready to go to the party tonight. Have not tried the cashew ones yet - licked too much of the chocolate again and I think I am sick!!! There will probably be 50 desserts at this party and the way I feel now, I will not be trying one of them. UGH!

lfw045 12-22-2008 02:37 PM

Okay........mine come out in 2 hours........I'm making them with pecans instead of peanuts though........wish me luck........lol!

Thanks for the recipe!!

sandpat 12-22-2008 04:53 PM

Oh, I hope everyone else's batches came out good...All mine are gone...I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER BATCH RIGHT NOW>

Since its in black & white, I have to live by that right??

lfw045 12-22-2008 05:17 PM

Mine came out sinfully good!!! I only see one problem with this recipe........licking the bowl and the spoons.........LOL!!!

sandpat 12-23-2008 05:23 AM

I'm so glad you enjoyed them :lol:

julie 12-30-2008 09:01 AM

I made these for Christmas. My crock pot is a newer model, so they got a little more done than I would've liked, but they were still very good. I took what was left to my hubby's family's Christmas, and they were a big hit. These will be a regular part of my holiday cooking.

auntluc 12-30-2008 05:45 PM

I'm not very good at resisting temptation...and these clusters are very tempting so I made more to take to our friend's New Year's eve party. I only used one package of almond bark to cut the calories and sugar content....2 hours to melt the chocolate and they turned out fine.
Whew...I'll be glad when this recipe drops to the bottom of the page so I won't be tempted to make them so often.

sandpat 12-30-2008 05:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Auntluc..you sure have had a struggle with these this holiday season. Ours have been gone for quite awhile since I gave so many away. I'm hoping that I'm not tempted to make them again until next Christmas. I'm going to consider them a huge treat only for "special" occasions. :lol:

I'm glad everyone that tried them liked them (except for 1 who had to throw it away..I'm sooo sorry)

beachlady 12-17-2010 08:13 AM

Sandpat, I am making these tonight for a small Christmas party we are having tomorrow and hope to have some left over for the family Christmas on Saturday. Didn't make them last year, but still remember how good they were. All you newbies should make these!!!!

Sweeterthanwine 12-17-2010 04:58 PM

My Dr. told me today that I had to lose some weight cause my blood sugar is a little high. How can I lose weight after looking at all these wonderful recipes, and peanut clusters are my very favorite!! I will have to make them and then hide them from me (haha) Thanks for the recipe!!