Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Soup Anyone?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/soup-anyone-t67622.html)

elainer 10-02-2010 05:15 AM

Vegetable Soup
2 can diced tomatoes
l large onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped fine
2 T olive oil
2 large carrots chopped
2 small celery stalks chopped
2 medium turnip chopped
2 cups fresh green beans
6 cups chicken broth
1/4 head cabbage chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 small russet potatoes chopped
saute onion, garlic in olive oil
add carrots and celery
then add everything else and simmer

adrianlee 10-02-2010 07:07 AM

Here is one we make. I forget which magazine it came from but it's called 'unstuffed pepper soup'.
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
3 large green peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
Cook over medium in large saucepan, the first 3 ingredients, drain.
Use large pot. add cooked meat, etc. then add
2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) beef broth
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover pot, 30 mins. Then add 1 1/2 cup cooked rice.
We used Minute Rice equal to how much it would be cooked, loss in. great with home made biscuits.

quilter68 10-02-2010 07:21 AM

Good Morning to All,

I don't have a favorite soup but do have a favorite ingredient: V-8 vegetable juice. Several flavors to choose from. Of course, if needed, chicken broth. I use chicken broth in my potato soup.

Reading this topic and saving it for winter,

Quilter68

lynnie 10-02-2010 10:36 AM

tomatoe soup made with 1/2 can water and 1/2 can milk, add sour cream to thicken and add rice as desired. gets thicker overnight.

progresso veggie soup and add cooked tortellinis and grated cheese. yummo

Dee 10-02-2010 06:26 PM

Dh made vegetable soup during our heavy duty rain. All meat leftover. Vegetables and beef broth and onion and garlic. Potatoes diced and it sure tasted good. Perfect day for it. I was in my sewing hide away studio.

brendadawg 10-03-2010 01:29 AM

Here are two of our favorites -- these, plus the Taco Soup already posted, are our winter warmers!

ITALIAN BEEF SOUP

1 pound ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup sliced carrots
2 cloves minced garlic
1 16 oz. Can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. Can tomato sauce
1 15-oz. Can red kidney beans with juice
2 cups water
5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon sweet basil
½ teaspoon black pepper

Sauté garlic in a bit of olive oil. Add ground beef and brown. Add onion, celery and carrots. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, water and spices. Bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables soften.

Pasta option: Add ¼ cup of small pastas such as Acini Di Pepe, Rizo, etc. I add ¼ cup each of three small pastas when making a double batch.
------------------------------------------------------

TURKEY PASTA SOUP

1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
1 lb. lean ground turkey
2 medium onions chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
3 cans 14 ½ oz. reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cans 15oz. white kidney beans (light red kidney) or cannelli beans
2 cans 14 ½ oz. Italian diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon fennel seed crushed
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper

Sauté garlic in olive oil. Add ground turkey and brown. Add broth, beans tomatoes and spices. Add onions. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Simmer 15 minutes.

CarrieAnne 10-03-2010 05:07 AM

Thanks for all the recipes! Its becomeing that time of year again!!!!!

plainpat 10-03-2010 09:08 AM

Beef Veg soup

Cook a diced up roast,along with several stalks of celery,lg diced onion & 3-4 carrots.Saute,then add water to barely cover.When meat is tender,
Add to lg dutch oven along with
1 lg can crushed tomatoes
2 cans...14oz beef broth
a dash of garlic powder,same of thyme,black pepper & 1-2 bay leaves.
Add your choice of frozen or fresh veggies.I use 3-4 diced potatoes,corn,green beans & peas,plus one or 2 cans of drained beans.
Bring to boil,stir,cover & simmer on low for at least 2 hrs.
Taste & adjust seasonings.

Sewingyankee 10-03-2010 01:35 PM

New Bedford Portuguese Kale Soup
I don't know how to post it here, but you can go to Cooks.com recipe seach and type it in and it will give you a printer friendly copy.
I make it quite a bit but I used one bunch fresh kale and I used 1 keilbasa and 1 linguica cut up and I use 2 1quart boxes of Emiril's all natural Chicken stock.
This is Excellent

plainpat 10-03-2010 01:53 PM

You can cut copy & paste a recipe.Just highlight the text you want to copy,hit command & C keys...go to where you want to post & click on command & V

That soup recipe sounds great.Have never used much kale.For those wanting to make their own broth, you can put meat & water in slo cooker over night.I heat my water & meat,then put in SC.Gives it a head start.

Originally Posted by Sewingyankee
New Bedford Portuguese Kale Soup
I don't know how to post it here, but you can go to Cooks.com recipe seach and type it in and it will give you a printer friendly copy.
I make it quite a bit but I used one bunch fresh kale and I used 1 keilbasa and 1 linguica cut up and I use 2 1quart boxes of Emiril's all natural Chicken stock.
This is Excellent