Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Two Ingredient Fudge! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/two-ingredient-fudge-t171854.html)

Tartan 12-21-2011 08:57 AM

I did another batch of 2 ingedient fudge this morning. I had 8 stacking little loaf pans and I lined them with Saran wrap. Since they stack, I used the bottom of one to form the plastic to each pan. I spooned in my fudge and thumped the pans to make sure it went to the bottom and removed any air pockets. I got 7 little pans out of 1 recipe. (My pans measure..top 2X3 in..... deep 1 and 1/4 in.) After a couple of hours in the fridge I just pulled up on the plastic to remove them from the pans and used the extra Saran to wrap them securely. I placed them in Christmas ziplock bags along with the recipe on a recipe card. They are going to be little gifts for special friends this week.

cassiemae 12-21-2011 01:29 PM

Wow does that sound good and easy I just printed it out.
thanks
eunice

Ruby the Quilter 12-21-2011 08:57 PM

Made fudge and it was great! I added a few more chips and it was nice and firm. Want to do a white fudge. Great recipe!

BETTY62 12-21-2011 10:11 PM

Thanks a million for this recipe. You are a life saver as I needed a quick easy one to make fudge for Friday night.

TnBecky 12-22-2011 06:20 PM

Oh my here come those extra pounds. :eek: I just have to try these recipes. Thanks for sharing them. :thumbup:

judy363905 12-22-2011 07:38 PM

This was such fun.... made chocolate and also made peppermint with those new peppermint chips and vanilla frosting... made "Pink" Fudge... yummy . Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Judy in Phx

QuiltE 12-23-2011 07:01 AM

I haven't seen peppermint chipits .... though I do love those cinnamon chipits! :)

dixie_fried 12-23-2011 07:47 AM

When you all are using chocolate chips, are they semi-sweet? I had milk chocolate chips on hand and tried them this morning....those darned things just didn't want to melt!! I ended up microwaving my fudge for over 10 minutes, half of that on regular power to try and get the mixture to smooth out.

It's really good stuff. I just don't think I will use milk chocolate again!!

Tartan 12-23-2011 08:05 AM

I am technology challenged so I just did mine on regular power and watched and stirred my Hershey's SPECIAL DARK chipits.I didn't want my fudge too sweet. (my microwave is old and isn't real powerful) It took 2 min. 30 seconds for my chips to completely melt and I stirred in my frosting and put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds.

lovelyl 12-24-2011 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried (Post 4805082)
When you all are using chocolate chips, are they semi-sweet? I had milk chocolate chips on hand and tried them this morning....those darned things just didn't want to melt!! I ended up microwaving my fudge for over 10 minutes, half of that on regular power to try and get the mixture to smooth out.

It's really good stuff. I just don't think I will use milk chocolate again!!

I used milk chocolate chips and melted them at 30% power for 5 minutes, but they were not melted so I put them back in on full power for 30 seconds and that did the trick!