Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Scandanavian Almond Cake >
  • Scandanavian Almond Cake

• Scandanavian Almond Cake

Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 AM

Enjoylife: Your suggestion that a drywall pan would be a good choice sounds perfectly fine with me but I wonder if that would be galvanized and if so, is it ok to eat out of galvanized metal? I don't know. The long narrow pan I have that is about 100 years old could be about anything...back in those days nothing was thrown away. Recycling hadn't been given a name but that is what our family had to do because they didn't have money to buy things. Always had plenty to eat because they lived on farms and grew everything but there were not fancy things as it took all their money to feed their livestock, clothe 13 kids, pay a dozen harvest hands and share with whatever company stopped in at meal times. Maybe my old pan was a drywall basin in some past life?
    Old 01-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Hello Father no im not saying to eat out of it sweetie I was just saying it looked like the size of one no no dont go eating out of those not good I really like your pans I have never seen anything like them here is what I am getting at I did want anybidy to get the wrong idea of the pans I was just saying the size is simular sorry Father I appalogize for mis understanding
    have a great day and sorry if I ofended you I didnt want to do that we are all friends here.
    Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 PM

Feathers,

You are so kind to post all the dimensions and pictures, to boot! Thanks so much *hugs*

The only pan I have like them is the standard bread pan. Don't know where it is right now, so how about you bake the cake and bring it over here? I'll put on the coffee!! (Just kidding!) :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I'm going to try it this weekend.

Thanks again!

Sue
    Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by enjoylife950
    Hello Father no im not saying to eat out of it sweetie I was just saying it looked like the size of one no no dont go eating out of those not good I really like your pans I have never seen anything like them here is what I am getting at I did want anybidy to get the wrong idea of the pans I was just saying the size is simular sorry Father I appalogize for mis understanding
    have a great day and sorry if I ofended you I didnt want to do that we are all friends here.
    Enjoy: I wasn't at all offended. Please don't worry. I was just indicating that I didn't know if such a pan would be good to use with food. Not knowing the metal it's made of and not being a baking pan I was just sending out my caution thoughts. No problem. Don't worry. We ARE friends here.
    Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM

Thank you Father you are a great guy and I think lots of people
    will enjoy those cake and when I am able I to will try but the weight needs to come off first and start going for walks when I am not babysitting my grandaught she is a handfull at times and I dont dare let her walk in the street because where we live
    we dont have sidewalks to walk on the some people around here can be idiots the way they drive so got to wait for days I dont have her here with me.
    Have a great night Father its been nice writing to you God bless you good night
    Old 01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
    CRH

Feathers: thank you for sharing this recipe. I made it and it really is delicious! (We like almonds!) I baked it in an 8 inch square glass baking dish and it made a cake about 1 1/2 high. Very tender!! and yummy! (and easy to make.)
    Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by CRH
    Feathers: thank you for sharing this recipe. I made it and it really is delicious! (We like almonds!) I baked it in an 8 inch square glass baking dish and it made a cake about 1 1/2 high. Very tender!! and yummy! (and easy to make.)
    CRH: I'm so glad you tried the cake. I think it's wonderful.
    Old 01-30-2010, 11:56 AM

I am making it this afternoon. Sounds so yummy!
    Old 02-04-2010, 09:10 PM

Feathers--

Made the cake the other day--it's now my new favorite cake EVER!!!! Thanks for the recipe and pan info.

Sue
    Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 AM

Hi Sue...this is also my new favorite cake. I just think it's so good and it's so simple to make. Glad you tried and like the recipe.