Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Scrambled Eggs >
  • Scrambled Eggs

• Scrambled Eggs

Old 02-16-2020, 05:10 PM

Sure you can. You should be careful with whole uncracked eggs because they can/will/do explode. But as an ingredient or even to cook not a problem. Sometimes if I'm feeling my eggs are a bit old, I cook them in the microwave for the dogs. I just stir them up, personally I believe in a little water and not milk, and then cook to a soft scramble consistency. I just prefer doing it by hand with butter in the pan for me!

Should always have certain cautions about foods cooked less thoroughly, and eggs are one of those foods.
    Old 02-16-2020, 05:33 PM

I add a little water to the eggs before I beat them. I have heard that this helps them stay fluffy because the water cooks away and leaves the eggs looser. I also turn off the heat just a little early and cover the pan so that the eggs don't over cook. Sometimes I will mix my eggs with fried diced potato and onions and eat them in a flour tortilla with salsa. Growing up we called it "papas con huevos."
    Old 02-16-2020, 05:36 PM

The eggs need to be removed from their shells to be used in a microwave.
    Old 02-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Thanks Iceblossom, cgsumter, mjkgquilt . The eggs would go in a casserole type dish for 1. It just would be so much easier than trying to cook on the stove.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:24 PM

Here you go:
    https://www.wikihow.com/Poach-an-Egg-Using-a-Microwave

When I was a young single vegetarian, I often made "Eggs McMuffy" which was an egg usually poached on some sort of bread with some sort of sauce... unfortunately for me that was back before microwaves were common in home use and I had to learn to do it old school. Microwaves are marvelous and should be used!
    Old 02-17-2020, 07:28 AM

Years ago I used to watch Julia Child. One lesson learned from her was never use milk in scrambled eggs. Put a couple of tablespoons of water in the egg mixture. Milk products will toughen eggs. I shake my eggs up in a round plastic container with a screw on lid. I found Julia was right a little water works great. Keeps the eggs moist as they cook. Best wishes

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-17-2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 02-17-2020, 08:10 AM

Don't recall if it's Dennys or IHOP, but one (both?) of them says on the menu that they put pancake batter in the eggs. Makes it tough on us weight watchers.