Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Scrambling Eggs With Water, Not Fat >
  • Scrambling Eggs With Water, Not Fat

• Scrambling Eggs With Water, Not Fat

Old 09-07-2021, 07:44 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit
    My technique is still in a Beta stage, but so far, it's worked every time. Clean up is a snap too! I may try it with "fried and basted" eggs next time.

The one thing that I have done is baste my fried eggs by putting a few drops of water into a tight fitting lid, then covering the eggs in the pan for a minute, or so. I learned that in my early days as a breakfast cook.
    yep. That’s what I posted above. I love them this way
    Old 09-07-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    I make a "fried egg" - a little real butter in skillet, just a dab, melted, then crack in egg. In a few seconds put in about a tsp to tbsp of water and put lid on. I wait til the yolk turns white - it is still a little runny - and then slide it onto a plate. I love eggs this way.
    This is the only way we "fry" eggs too! In the late '80's into the early 90's my dad participated in a University study for heart patients. This is the way they showed him how to cook eggs. We refer to them as "Rays" eggs....as in "do you want "Rays" eggs or scrambled eggs?"
    Old 09-08-2021, 03:42 AM

After 60 years I finally figured out how to make scrambled eggs the way I like them. Stand there and keep stirring, don't get distracted by the toast or the coffee. I use a non-stick pan.
    Old 09-08-2021, 09:31 AM
    Power Poster

There are so many ways to cook mixed eggs. Creamy, fluffy, curdles, flat, or poached. I prefer the creamy style. It takes longer to cook though. In a cooking class I took we got to sample each different way. I prefer the creamy scrambled.
    Old 09-09-2021, 02:41 PM

My MIL was never my favorite person, but one day she made me laugh so hard. She was complaining about how someone that she was visiting had made her scrambled eggs. Apparently, the eggs turned out to be like, "little, tiny, pieces of turds." She went on and on about it. Right then, I knew that I'd better learn to make great scrambled eggs and two, to never ever serve my MIL my home-cooked breakfasts.