Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Soooo Many Cucumbers! >
  • Soooo Many Cucumbers!

• Soooo Many Cucumbers!

Old 08-21-2024, 09:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Are you not able to see the pictures? I don't think it's pepper. I don't know of any pepper that looks thin and green like fresh dill, and I'm pretty familiar with pepper, we love it and have several different kinds.
    Peckish ... I went back to check and it seems I looked at one picture ... not pictures, as you have suggested I should have. Like JanieW ... I like to get right to the "meat" and see the recipe. The picture that becomes the video, by the recipe only shows what I id'd as the ground pepper. Yes, when I go back to check the top pic and the smaller one with the recipe, I do see the smaller green flakes. I was also going to suggest that you take a look at the "tips", where dill/parsley are suggested.

It all comes down to what flavour enhancement do you want? or if?

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-21-2024 at 09:46 AM.
    Old 08-22-2024, 07:18 AM

Most recipes if you look at the beginning of the article, there is a link that says "jump to recipe". I too would rather get to the recipe instead of reading through all the fluff...
    Old 08-22-2024, 07:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Most recipes if you look at the beginning of the article, there is a link that says "jump to recipe". I too would rather get to the recipe instead of reading through all the fluff...
    I go one step further ... jump to the recipe, then jump to "print" before I read.
    The pre-print view is usually a quicker and easier read-thru than the recipe view.

Bonus ... if I really do want to print or save the recipe, it's ready and waiting for me!
    Old 08-22-2024, 07:56 AM

If I'm honest, it sounds like the best way to deal with the cucumber overload is to dump them back on your husband and tell him to figure out what to do with them - he grew them, after all! :-D
    Old 08-23-2024, 08:12 AM

I'm pretty sure that they give you the "back story" first on recipe sites for the sake of SEO, search engine optimization. The search engines don't like the format of recipes and will kick them right out into outer space.
    Old 08-23-2024, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gemm
    If I'm honest, it sounds like the best way to deal with the cucumber overload is to dump them back on your husband and tell him to figure out what to do with them - he grew them, after all! :-D
    I have done that! Last year, it was tomatoes. Same thing...he took my starts and then boasted about his tomatoes. When they piled up on my worktable I told him that if he grew them, then he'd better process them. He made a nice batch of canned tomato sauce. Who knew he had that in him?
    Old 09-06-2024, 04:24 AM

Boy, does this topic ever make me hungry!

There is nothing that compares to fresh garden grown cucumbers!