• Tasteless Vegetable Soup >
  • Tasteless Vegetable Soup

• Tasteless Vegetable Soup

Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 AM

Loretta that is how I make mine.
    I love to add fresh chopped tomatoe
    into it also.
    Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 PM

Feathers - you can order Bullards here but I'm not sure I'd se gallons of hot sauce.

http://cheaperbythecase.net/bulliards.html
    Old 12-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Hi Moonpi:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The website for Bulliards hot sauce has made my DH a happy, happy man. I just ordered a case of the Garlic Hot Sauce which he loves. I found a bottle of it at a Grocery Outlet store or a Dollar Store and he loved it but we've never been able to find it again so the case will keep my little DH pepper belly happy for a month or so. He liked this sauce on EVERYTHING!

Merry Christmas and thanks again.
    Feathers
    Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
    Auntluc:
    Wow! Absessed teeth are a killer! I had ONE horrible bad tooth one time and I thought I'd go crazy from pain before I got to the dentist. Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon. I can tell you, as soon as they take the nerve out of the tooth (root canal) pain relief is instantaneous.

Take care
    Thanks Feathers for your kind thoughts....I'm doing better now if I can get thru the holidays without too much sugar. Sugar feeds infections so I usually have trouble around the holidays.
    Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 PM

Just had soup for lunch and dinner....am sorry we finished it. It was a vegetable beef made from a sirloin steak (we raise our own beef), carrot, huge onion, several stalks of celery, snipped sprigs of homegrown thyme, cilantro, parsley and garlic, and dashes of cayenne pepper, black pepper, instant turkey gravy mix, about 1/4 cup (dry) pearl barley and leftover corn and dried beans (great northern), 3 beef bouillon cubes and a Tbsp. tomato buillon. I still have tomatoes ripening from the green ones I picked in Oct. before the frost, so I blended (in blender) a quart of the fresh tomatoes with probably a half gallon of water.

Lately, I have been doctoring my soup further once I'm ready to eat. My husband doesn't like some of the spices, so I mix in the bottom of my soup bowl....dashes of garlic powder, turmeric, curry, cumin and ginger paste, then pour the hot soup over it and sprinkle with bleu, gorgenzola or Asiago cheese. Supposedly turmeric, cayenne pepper and ginger are anti-inflammatory ingredients, so maybe it would help the bad tooth.

I use whatever kinds of veggies that I have on hand or want to dig out of the freezer.
    Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 PM

Years ago a butcher told me to add neck bones and stew meat together.
    I used to use neck bones and beef stew meat. My husband doesn't really like the neck bones. But I put in cans of mixed veg., can tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, onions, celery, tomato juice (sometimes the v-8 juice). Anything and everything except the kitchen sink. Guess I need to do some adding to mine. Kick up the flavor.
    Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 AM

I also have old taste buds & have started adding dried onion soup to my veggie soup.
    Using a beef roast with bone in,I brown it,then add beef broth & onion & bake...covered for at least 2 hrs...usually more,adding enough broth to keep from sticking.
    Let cool,cut in small dice & add all to soup pot.

Using whatever tomatoe producy you prefer & broth/water.......add dry onion soup mix by the spoonful.Use thyme,bay leaf & small amt of cinnamon, maybe 1 tsp to start.Let your soup simmer on low for an hr, taste & adjust seasonings.Hope this help,
    Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 AM

Justme:
    What a good sounding recipe. I think I'll whip a pot of your soup up this morning. Thank you for sharing and WELCOME to the board. Glad to have you join us.
    Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Thank you.I use whatever veggies I have & if any are canned,drain all but corn.Good soup hits the spot during the cold days ahead.
    Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 AM

Even though the last post was over a month ago, I wanted to add this. I use a large can of swanson chicken broth to my vegatable soup after browning the beef. Everyone comments on the great flavor.