Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Red Snapper ?? >
  • Red Snapper ??

• Red Snapper ??

Old 11-26-2016, 01:36 PM
    yel

i have leader grippers to they are clear and i can see where the edge of the quilt is under them ...love them ...i still baste the top edge of the top of the quilt and gripper the bottom good investment
    Old 11-26-2016, 02:21 PM

I love my Red Snappers.
    Old 11-26-2016, 05:07 PM

I made my own because I didn't want to spend $80 on something I didn't know if I'd love.

One trip to Home Depot for 1/2 in water line, tube lighting tracking and a headless screw and about $20 and I was set. They worked great and wayyyyy better than pinning!
    Old 11-26-2016, 05:51 PM

I love my REd Snappers, bought them at the last MQS show in Cedar Rapids this past Spring for $79. I had used zippers--but you still have to pin or sew the quilt back to the zippers--so that wasn't a savings of time and tired of getting stabbed! I almost always float my tops, so I use the short ones to anchor the backing and then replace them with a long strip. Loosen up with little use; but my friend with major healthy issues used her hair dryer on them the first few times and that worked great.
    Old 11-27-2016, 01:25 AM

I bought the clip n seal mondo set of 10 for $45. before Renee ordered them from this company is red.

http://clip-n-seal.com/pp_cart.html
    Old 11-27-2016, 02:12 AM

Have them. Love them. Wouldn't be without them.
    Old 11-27-2016, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by AngelaS
    I made my own because I didn't want to spend $80 on something I didn't know if I'd love.

One trip to Home Depot for 1/2 in water line, tube lighting tracking and a headless screw and about $20 and I was set. They worked great and wayyyyy better than pinning!
    Ditto here. McGyver gene kicking in. The prices for some things are ridiculous. That said you can't use them if people aren't generous with the backing length.
    Old 11-27-2016, 06:28 AM

I have them also...they are very very stiff but using a hair dryer to warm them up works....my biggest issue is that I struggle to get my backing on straight...I feel like I need to be a octopus. I still struggle with it at times it's soooo frustrating for me...I've watched more videos than I care to admit and still struggle. If I ever get the hang of it their going to be worth having....
    Old 11-27-2016, 06:36 AM

I did the same thing....in fact I got the information from one of the posts right here on QB! It cost me less than $25.00 and I use them to load on the backing. They work great, but I will try this tip mentioned by one of the ladies....she said she cut the snaps into smaller pieces. It is hard to line up the fabric with the larger snaps. What I do is pin the back to the leader every few inches and then put on the snaps. Works like a charm.
    Old 11-27-2016, 07:17 AM

Bought the tube lighting/water line, as it works the same and at a great savings.