Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How to avoid wavy borders >
  • How to avoid wavy borders

• How to avoid wavy borders

Old 11-28-2020, 03:43 PM

When I have a many pieced flimsy, I usually stay stitch all around it before adding the borders especially if there are any biased edges, then I usually use a walking foot to add the borders on. These also seems to help, I think the weight of the top pulls those edges and walking foot helps feed the border and the top evenly
    Old 11-28-2020, 04:49 PM

if it's caused by the quilting it may be because the density of your quilting varies across the quilt. One way to help with that is to first do some stitching in the ditch (around the center part of quilt where it meets borders, etc. so that it serves as basting to hold it all in place. And make sure that you distribute your quilting density equality too.
    Old 11-29-2020, 04:46 AM

You asked how to upload a photo and this is how I make it work. There are other ways too and if you are using you phone, this method may not work.How to upload a photo to the Quilt Board.

1. Write message
    2. Click "Go Advanced"
    3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
    4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved it on your computer.
    5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload. ***
    This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. It is on the far right and hidden until you expand the box.
    6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
    7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year, but I also keep a second copy in a file where the photos have been resized to "medium". It this format will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences.

Hope this helps. It took me way too long to figure this out when the QB made changes but now it seems to work well for me. Hope it will work for you too. It is always fun to post a photo of an accomplishment but particularly when asking for assistance on a quilting quandary like wavy edges.