Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now >
  • Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

• Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Old 01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
    Cyn

Originally Posted by vtretire
    I have the same problems with our furry girls. They are always after the thread and pins. I keep my pins and threads in a drawer next to my machine and it was a pain when I needed pins at the cutting table. I went out and bought one of those unfinished little wooden boxes that look like a tiny treasure chest in the craft department. I made a little pin cushion and stuck it inside. Now when I'm not using the pins I just snap the lid shut, it even has a little latch When I'm not in my sewing room I make sure they are not either and keep the door shut.
    What a great idea!
    Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
    Cyn

Love your avatar!
    Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
    I have a 10 year old ShihTzu that eats any piece of fabric she finds. Can't tell you how many times I've "seen" the remains of fabric in her .....well, you get the picture. She also eats paper, dryer sheets and anything else she can find. We have learned to be sooooo careful about leaving anything she can get. Have tried everything I can think of to break her of this, but to no avail. She is lucky I love her so much!!
    Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
    Cyn

OMG! I was just reading and responding to this post when I looked up to see my cat pulling the needles and pinmoors out of the binding of the quilt I was doing today!!! Thank goodness, he left the pins laying there and was more interested in the pinmoors which are non toxic- Gee, that's a first for that one here! I'm bummed because I thought they were safe!
    Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by mberhard
    I had a cat that would take pins from my pincushion. I now keep it covered with a small glass "cheese" dome I purchased at the thrift store. My pin cushion is a small decoritive tea cup and saucer so other small items (thimbles etc.) can be put in the saucer .
    That glass dome is an idea - thank you! My cat (a calico) also likes to keep me company in the sewing room and "amuse" herself in the process - and yes, taking a nap on all the wrong things at the wrong times - cutting board, ironing board, sewing chair, etc., swatting anything just to watch it move! I kid my husband that I think she took a "mischievious" class before we got her! :D
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM

Had a friend that had a cat that would steal all the straws out of your drinks.

Robin in TX
    Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 AM

Lesson learned. If I even get up to go to the bathroom, I have to make sure nothing is out so my smallest but not youngest and more devilish kitty (diamond) hasn't stolen anything. lol. She educated me very quickly when she was a wee, wee kitten.
    Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
    Hope you know their hiding places. LOL. I know I've been looking for months for my seam ripper and I've yet to find it. My little Missy will take off with anything she can get in her mouth or drag behind her.
    Know what you mean. One time I left my watch on the bathroom counter when washing my hands and the cat came down with it hanging out of her mouth. She even stole one of those yellow headed pins when I was standing on the other side of the table from her. I had to chase her threw the house to catch her and get it back the little hellion. lol.
    Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by stpatmom
    Hope you find your missing items soon. I don't have too many problems with my cats trying to get into things or taking things, my problem with them is that everytime I get up out of my chair to cut or iron, I turn around to find one of them on my sewing chair! We are constantly fighting over it!
    They sure love that warm spot. Mine do that even if a put them in another chair close by so they can watch what I'm doing. Minute I move they are there. They claim they are just keeping it warm for me till I get back. lol.
    Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I have to watch Kody when he's in my sewing room. He has a bad habit of pulling the pins from my quilts while I'm working on them and trying to eat them. I hope you find your missing items soon! :)
    DH's cockatiel does a rapid removal of pins also..and I thought my children were fast...so I limit pins anywhere near him.

When I'm sewing on binding I use those "hair" clips and he snaps them off with a problem also...oh, so much fun.
    Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 AM

HI again. I forgot to mention yesterday in my reply that Cottonelle bath tissue wipes has a plastic container to hold refill sheets. I use one of those containers to put my thread snips into. Our furry little girls can't get into them. Did I mention that they also like to get into the waste basket. Also, because it is so hard to see when I use invisible thread I stick those snipped off pieces on a piece of masking tape before putting it in my Cottonelle box. You can't be too safe.