Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do I have the best husband or what? >
  • Do I have the best husband or what?

• Do I have the best husband or what?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:42 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Granda
    I hope you all realize how good your husbands are, because you certainly will when they are gone, as I am finding out. I have been married for a little over 44 years and my husband passed away three weeks ago. I miss him terribly. So everyone, go and give your husband an extra little hug. You'll be glad you did, plus it will keep him wondering why.
    Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is really hard losing your best friend, I watched my Grandmother go through this when my Granddad passed. My wife was with her almost everyday afterward helping her with what ever she needed. I was working out of the corporate offices several states over so I could only come in on the weekends to be with her.

But this is something that I have been pondering about for the last few months. My wife is 13 years older than I am and I know the law of averages say I will go before her (men dont last that long I guess). But I can not think of a day without her in my life if something ever happened to her.

That is another reason I am glad I left the corporate world and started working out of my garage. Because I am always here and I can spend lots of time with my family.

I know it hurts like crazy now an if there was a way that I could take the pain away from you I would. But surround yourself with family and loved ones and things will get easier I promise.

Billy
    Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    He's a keeper:)
    Could it be that he is hoping for a quilt of his own?
    That or he has eyes on your quilt room... :lol: My husband keeps checking out my rulers and other tools.
    Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have plenty of friends and family around so your not alone. Take Care.
    Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 AM
    dsj

He's a good guy, I can count on my hubby for that kind of stuff too. We work well as a team most of the time. I did try to push my luck and it didn't work well for me. I don't like to sew with the machine so I asked him if he would help me piece a quilt he could use the machine since it is a MACHINE designed by a man, I would do all the cutting and pressing, I thought it would be kind of fun working together. His response was a big fat NO!!! I need to be more creative, I am going to have to work on that. Let us know what quilt you are making for your good hubby. I think it's nice that he wants you to make him one.
    Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Golly - I feel so sorry for some of you quilters, with husbands who are "buttheads" and "obnoxious pain in the rears", etc. Can't imagine that I would ever say that to anyone about the man I married. Would say a lot about me, I would think.
    Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by badger
    Golly - I feel so sorry for some of you quilters, with husbands who are "buttheads" and "obnoxious pain in the rears", etc. Can't imagine that I would ever say that to anyone about the man I married. Would say a lot about me, I would think.
    Valid point! <wave>
    Old 02-25-2010, 09:38 AM

My hubby and I have several hobbies and have always enjoyed working together. He taught me to drive an 18 wheeler before I learned to drive a car and then he bought me a new car of my choosing for Christmas after I passd my first company road test. I bought him the biggest tackle box I could find and filled it with model making supplies and a few models, too. He taught me to do crochet stitches and he does most all of my quilt basting for me . I have asthma and can not breathe the spray. We work on the house tog and I often 'hold the flash lite' while he works on the car or truck . He helps me build lots of stuff for Sunday School and I am his sounding board when he has an idea for a new novel. We work well tog and enjoy the time for just us. I am making him a new quilt now (intended for Fathers day) and he is building me new shelves for my sewing room. Yes, he CAN be a butt and you know what, so can I!! He is definitely a keeper!! My heart goes out to the lady who lost her husband...my youngest son has always said that when it is time for his dad and me to die he hopes we go together because he said he could not bear the pain of seeing one of us without the other. My son was only 5 the first time he said that and now at 27 he still says it.
    Old 02-25-2010, 09:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Granda
    I hope you all realize how good your husbands are, because you certainly will when they are gone, as I am finding out. I have been married for a little over 44 years and my husband passed away three weeks ago. I miss him terribly. So everyone, go and give your husband an extra little hug. You'll be glad you did, plus it will keep him wondering why.
    I am so sorry for your loss. He will always be with you in your heart and soul, and may God keep you safe and comfort you in your time of need. Penny
    Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 AM

Hello Rachel= You may think sometimes that you have a gruffy old BEAR for a dear husband, just bite a nail and go on , their Fluffy like a kitten. You have a good one . Keep Him and thank
    the GOOD Lord every day. Whipperwill