Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • My Carpenter's Star Pattern >
  • My Carpenter's Star Pattern

• My Carpenter's Star Pattern

Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Loralee
    thank you for posting the pattern it is very pretty. Sure does take alot of small blocks to make such a gorgeous quilt block. I would love to see the whole quilt when it is finished.
    I have already made 2 full quilts out of this block.
    I made my daughter one 100" x 114" in all colors. Here's a link to the post on it. It was beautiful!!!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38337-1.htm
    While I was finishing hers, I was commissioned to make one for a woman with a fabric store that didn't sew!!!! (Can you believe that? She does now and has taken up quilting, thanks to me.) :o) Here's a link to hers.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38346-1.htm

They are beautiful!
    Marilyn
    Old 05-02-2010, 06:50 AM

Both of the quilts are gorgeous. I will take a picture of the Lancaster Rose one I made some years ago.
    Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks Marilyn....that certainly looks simple enough!!! Thanks for sharing it!
    Old 05-06-2010, 04:02 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern instructions.
    Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM

Like your directions, but with each square being 2" doesn't this finish to a 16" block rather than 12"?
    Old 05-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kathleen charnell
    Like your directions, but with each square being 2" doesn't this finish to a 16" block rather than 12"?
    Hi Kathleen,

No, I start with a 2" square or a 2" HQT (after sewing), so that makes them 1.5" after your 1/4" seams. It finishes at 12".
    Marilyn
    Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the tute, Marilyn. I have admired your avatar since I joined this group. I think by enlarging the block, it would make a perfect wallhanging above my bed to go with the Storm at Sea quilt which is my avatar. If my math is correct, by starting with 4" blocks which would finish to 3.5", I would end up with a 28" block, which would be a great size for a wallhanging. Might have to move this to the top of my To Do list.
    Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Thanks for the tute, Marilyn. I have admired your avatar since I joined this group. I think by enlarging the block, it would make a perfect wallhanging above my bed to go with the Storm at Sea quilt which is my avatar. If my math is correct, by starting with 4" blocks which would finish to 3.5", I would end up with a 28" block, which would be a great size for a wallhanging. Might have to move this to the top of my To Do list.
    Hi Judy!

You are quite welcome. I like your avatar too. I think the two of them will go well together. I think the 4" blocks would work great to make your 28" wall hanging. Post pictures when you get it finished! I'd love to see it.

Marilyn
    Old 05-07-2010, 08:00 AM

I made one with 2" and 4" and they both turned out very nice. I too appreciate the tute...Thanks Marilyn. I think we are all having fun trying out your pattern!
    Old 05-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Calico Grammy
    I made one with 2" and 4" and they both turned out very nice. I too appreciate the tute...Thanks Marilyn. I think we are all having fun trying out your pattern!
    Hi Calico!
    Thank you so much! I am glad that you had fun making them. You should post pictures of the ones you made. I'd love to see them.
    Marilyn