Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!! >
  • Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!!

• Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
    ok I am doing a wall hanging and I dont know how to quite set that up. can you be more precise? thanks JoAnn

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
    Originally Posted by sawsan
    Could't be in the morning but now i open i love yours, my question as always: what about 2 blocks of 12" by 12" will fix on wall hanging quilt?
    Is there one square of focas fabric each end of the units
    MY HST r ready i will send a pic soon
    Thank u
    ACk! LOL I forgot to put that on the supply list!! Good call Sawsan!! Thanks! I guess I got excited and figured it was a given! :oops: Have a great day!

Missy
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81693-30.htm Here's Judy's.. Just like this. :) Hugs

Missy
    Old 01-26-2011, 04:35 PM

Yup I saw it. thanks
    I finally finished it.
    I really had a good time doing it. i dont particularly like it for a wall hanging, but I really had a blast. I think it would make a prettier quilt. Im gonna save the directions to maybe make one later. thanks Missy
    what are you gonna do next?
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 PM

Yup I saw it. thanks
    I finally finished it.
    I really had a good time doing it. i dont particularly like it for a wall hanging, but I really had a blast. I think it would make a prettier quilt. Im gonna save the directions to maybe make one later. thanks Missy
    what are you gonna do next?
    I am going to work on doing video casts for quilting from the beginning.. I have about 18 designed quilts that need directions.. I am thinking about machine quilting tops for people. Nope.. don't have anything to do right? :mrgreen: I think in the future we will be meeting again to do a mystery quilt again.. What do you all think?

Missy
    Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 PM

So when is the next mystery quilt going to happen? I had a lot of fun with this. I like the element of surprise. And I learned a lot with this. I am still very much a beginner. I ended up botching this one quite a bit. I'm too impatient and ended up doing some more cutting to make things fit. Long story but I didn't want to redo all of clue ones so I just made them work Eeekk! Lets just say more points are a little less pointy :) Oh well it was fun! I'm still going to finish it up and everything!
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:44 PM
    Power Poster

When is the next mystery quilt???? Impatiently waiting to hear the timeline. My house should be decluttered by then, and I want to join in... I have loved following along through photos.
    Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    When is the next mystery quilt???? Impatiently waiting to hear the timeline. My house should be decluttered by then, and I want to join in... I have loved following along through photos.
    Well Ms. Sadiemae.. Let me get a few things taken care of... I would love to do another mystery.. :)I'm so glad you all liked it..
    Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 AM

I would definately do another. I think I would do a bigger quilt this time. The wall hanging just looked like an unfinshed quilt piece. Would definately look better with more squares to it. Plus I made so many mistakes on it and had to rip so much out that Im kind of tired of this one. LOL Im ready to rip out stitched on different colors now. LOL JoAnn
    Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 AM

I would definately do another. I think I would do a bigger quilt this time. The wall hanging just looked like an unfinshed quilt piece. Would definately look better with more squares to it. Plus I made so many mistakes on it and had to rip so much out that Im kind of tired of this one. LOL Im ready to rip out stitched on different colors now. LOL JoAnn
    Also I think if I did more instead of just a couple pieces a week i would be more into the flow of it. something that lasted a little longer.
    Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 AM

Missy,
    My wall hanging... I like so much I guess it will be turning into a Queen...... I decided to let hubby decide, he was no help in the "No" department either.((giggle)

Again,Thanx for doing this Mystery and will be looking for the Next one.
    Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 AM

LOL JoAnn..well the wallhanging was a last edition.. I intended it to be at least a cribsize. That's ok though.. live and learn right? :)