Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

WVNana 11-29-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cherylmae
Wow, how organized and not only that, a person could get so much more fabric on shelves doing it this way. I might get my fabric out of boxes yet.

Yes, you can get more on shelves. I ordered some of the boards from Cotilde and then when I re-read the original post I realized she had used sign board, but my husband and I figured there is not a great deal of difference in cost. But, I now have one whole shelf of fabric wrapped and stored and it looks great! Thanks so much for this idea.

Dobbie 12-03-2010 05:28 PM

wow!! some people are just a pure God sent!! Thankyou!! Keeing it simple!!

stewyscrewy 12-03-2010 06:07 PM

just a weee lil hint for everyone. during election time most of the signs are made out of can you guess///// sign board and they are free... After the election Y'all.

SewingBee 12-04-2010 01:45 PM

What kind of material are you using to wrap the fabric? It looks like posterboard, but just wanted to check.

nanquilt 12-05-2010 07:50 PM

Thanks so much for the pictures. Could you give more information on the folding board material. I know you mention "sign board", but I am not sure what material to use to make the folding boards.

WVNana 12-06-2010 06:40 PM

This is a VERY GOOD point. Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
just a weee lil hint for everyone. during election time most of the signs are made out of can you guess///// sign board and they are free... After the election Y'all.

pattis47 12-08-2010 08:22 PM

be careful using the signs that have lettering on it.....it could damage your fabric

Originally Posted by WVNana
This is a VERY GOOD point. Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy

NinaK 12-09-2010 05:10 AM

I have seen the clips before, like the one that holds my garage door opener to the visor. Where do you buy these?

carolaug 12-11-2010 04:37 AM

Love your room!!!! that looks wonderful!

carolaug 12-11-2010 04:55 AM

We have old foam boards at work...I was going to throw them out. Thanks for posting this...now I will be bring them home and use them for my fabric.

Originally Posted by luv2sew2
I did the same thing. I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased foam boards for, yes, .99 cents. I cut them up and placed my fabrics as you demonstrated. It took me a month and just loaded them onto my shelves. I used rubber bands to secure the fabric. My problem is that I don't have them organized by color yet like you have yours. That's another project I need to do when I get a chance. Thanks for posting pictures, your sewing room looks awesome!