Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

sewwhat85 12-22-2010 09:04 PM

i have been working on this for over 3 weeks before i saw your post did you find a good source for the plastic corigated board the cheapest i could find it in my area was $20 for a 4'X8' piece. Also i have been cutting with utility knife what does you dh use? Also i have been using large plastic paper clips from walmart 50 for $1.88

alaskasunshine 12-23-2010 12:26 AM

Hi Nancy,
I paid $17.00 per sheet and my husband used his table saw. He stacked 2 & 3 at a time. I bought 5 at a time. Please post a picture of your progress.
happy folding :thumbup: and merry Christmas too!!!

MISHNJIM 12-23-2010 02:43 AM

Wish I had a stash like that to organize!!

alaskasunshine 12-23-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Wish I had a stash like that to organize!!

I started very small and all I had was a bit of fabric in a shoe box and I only buy on sale unless I am gushing about a specific fabric and my sweetheart says "go ahead and buy what you want" I am very frugal...very frugal!
Have a wonderful Christmas
Alaskasunshine

Jan T 12-29-2010 10:58 PM

Looks like you have your own quilt shop going there. The display is very pleasant to look at and must be a pleasure to work with. Excellent job.

KANDU 01-02-2011 02:44 AM

2 QUESTIONS: CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE "SIGN MATERIAL"
( HAD BEEN THINKING OF USING FOAM FILLED BOARD )? & WHERE CAN I FIND "BOLT BUDDIES"?

NICE ORGANIZATION! ONCE I START GETTING SHELVING - WILL BE ABLE TO EMPTY THE FIVE TRUNKS & 6 LARGE PLASTIC TOTES SO I CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH.

THANKS YOU!

alaskasunshine 01-02-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by KANDU
2 QUESTIONS: CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE "SIGN MATERIAL"
( HAD BEEN THINKING OF USING FOAM FILLED BOARD )? & WHERE CAN I FIND "BOLT BUDDIES"?

NICE ORGANIZATION! ONCE I START GETTING SHELVING - WILL BE ABLE TO EMPTY THE FIVE TRUNKS & 6 LARGE PLASTIC TOTES SO I CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH.

THANKS YOU!

Please read the posting for all your questions answered. Have fun discovering what you have.
Enjoy your day!!!

mbogenpohl 01-03-2011 01:12 PM

Now that is an awesome idea! My sewing room sure needs help, I will have to try this.

Lindsey 01-05-2011 12:06 PM

I went all around looking for the coroplast boards. I found one sign shop willing to sell me a sheet for 115 dollars. NOT in my life time. So, I got foam core. I am going to give it a shot and see how that works. Its going to snow this weekend so, i'll be stuck in the house and it'll be a good thing to do. thanks for the idea of doing this to my stash too.

LoriJ 01-05-2011 12:09 PM

I'm using the foam board from my local craft store. Able to cut it with an exacto knife. It works great! I'll load pictures as soon as I'm done with the last little batch.