Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

true4uca 05-24-2010 04:53 PM

I just had to try this. Of course I have no $$ for sign board so I just used cardboard. Went to grocery store & asked for cardboard.They gave me lots of heavy duty cardboard, which I cut into 7.5x11.5 pieces. Had lots of 4x11.5 pieces left. Couldn't just toss my free cardboard, so I used those for my less than a meter cuts (seems I have lots). May have to rethink that when I get another car load of boxes. The fabric covered chair was really helpful. So far I have three shelves onto two. Still lots of room on second shelf.
Trudy

texas granny 05-24-2010 05:37 PM

Great job . Just done get to big of bulb or your room will be to hot. LOL your in Alaska could that happen.

texas granny 05-24-2010 05:40 PM

Cute dog she look like mine

janice4 05-30-2010 06:17 AM

where do you get a bolt buddy and what is it ? what are you using to wrap the fabric around? Rooms look super organized and lovely when is shop opening lol??

sharon b 05-31-2010 05:02 PM

:mrgreen: What a great job you did organizing :thumbup: I am just starting to do something with my room, but it will be no where near as wonderful as your

Thanks for sharing

Gramof6 06-01-2010 09:14 PM

OMG I just love the way you have your fabric all organized! In the morning I am going to go in my sewing room & measure my shelves, then call around and find the sign board. I'll see if I can pay them to cut it. Will be much faster than waiting until DH returns from a business trip. Cannot wait to get all of my fabric stored like yours! I do have a good sz stash so it will take some time but will be so worth it in the end. I inherited fabric from my MIL & my DH's grandmother when she passed. And I have been at this for over 13 yrs.LOL Thank You so very nuch for being such an inspiration and for sharing!

quiltingmimipj 06-02-2010 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by janice4
where do you get a bolt buddy and what is it ? what are you using to wrap the fabric around? Rooms look super organized and lovely when is shop opening lol??

Go to Page One of this discussion.

janice4 06-02-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj

LOL. I SEE what it is..........I would to KNOW what it is? Is it called a bolt buddy in real like or did you find something that works for that application? Where would you get one?

quiltingmimipj 06-02-2010 05:39 AM

LOL. I SEE what it is..........I would to KNOW what it is? Is it called a bolt buddy in real like or did you find something that works for that application? Where would you get one?

The answer is on Page 3 of this post. :thumbup:

janice4 06-02-2010 06:07 AM

The answer is on Page 3 of this post. :thumbup:

okay I lost interest..