Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Folded Dahlia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/folded-dahlia-t116058.html)

labtechkty 05-20-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1
Thank you so much for the easy directions. How do you finsh the block? Carolyn

I think alot of the ladies that made this block finished it as a pillow...I on the other hand am going to try and make a quilt....I just have to give it some extra thought.. :thumbup:

Rainbow 05-21-2011 02:05 AM

Please keep us posted.

Originally Posted by labtechkty

Originally Posted by islandwiz1
Thank you so much for the easy directions. How do you finsh the block? Carolyn

I think alot of the ladies that made this block finished it as a pillow...I on the other hand am going to try and make a quilt....I just have to give it some extra thought.. :thumbup:

slc 05-22-2011 10:58 AM

Thanks so much for the directions, I was able to follow them with no problem. Will post the finished piece when I get it done.

applegramma 05-30-2011 04:30 AM

What a masterpiece you've created!!! I think it would be easy to get 'lost' in all the folds. Not much matting needed here!!!

Simply BEAUTIFUL!

romanojg 05-30-2011 05:07 AM

Thank you so much. I have seen this a few times but it looked so complicated that I said no way. This looks so easy. Now I have some thing else unique that I can add to my Christmas gift list to make.

Carsey 07-02-2011 01:07 PM

This is beautiful!! Can't wait to try it!!

Thanks!!

fran624 07-09-2011 11:56 AM

Thank you for the wonderful tut. got to try this. would make a lovely pillow top. would love to see this in a quilt keep us posted.

JMZquilts 07-22-2011 02:00 AM

Thanks so much for your Dahlia tutorial. I love them! I'm now making some for Christmas gifts. Have you found that some of the middle of the stars can come loose? Don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm worried about this since they can be washed and would end up a mess. About half way through the folding process, I've stitched across the folds where it can't be seen to hold down, hopefully, the early pieces of each star point. Not sure how to describe this. I figure the later folds will be held down by the final stitching around the edges. Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks so much for your help!

JMZquilts 07-22-2011 02:02 AM

Thanks so much for your Dahlia tutorial. I love them! I'm now making some for Christmas gifts. Have you found that some of the middle of the stars can come loose? Don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm worried about this since they can be washed and would end up a mess. About half way through the folding process, I've stitched across the folds where it can't be seen to hold down, hopefully, the early pieces of each star point. Not sure how to describe this. I figure the later folds will be held down by the final stitching around the edges. Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks so much for your help!

BATIKQLTR 07-22-2011 05:49 AM

JMZ..............I also stitched down each fold as I made them. I started with the first one and just did a tacking stitch. It also helped to make it a little easier to fold the last stitches over.

I'm going to make mine into the front panel of a tote. Now I just need some time to finish it! lol